I WAS KIDNAPPED...FROM MY KIDNAPPERS...WTF! Chapter 29

The guy on the side is roughly who Ashton is based on. Just with real vivid green eyes. :P

Phoenix's P.O.V

My whole body craved, needed to cry, release the amount of hurt I was going through. A powerful, intense pressure threatened to crush my chest, if I didn't know I couldn't die I would had thought I was. I wouldn't cry, though, I wouldn't do it. That's not what I was brought up to do. Real Marino Men didn't cry.

My Father's voice appeared in my head, his voice snakeing into my thoughts, "Don't you dare cry, Nicholas! You are a man!" In my mind I knew I couldn't brave the sight of them together for much longer. Putting on my emotionless face was hard. I could feel it slipping with every sniffle I heard from Sky, followed by my brother's soothing voice. But I had to remain strong. I wouldn't show them my weakness.

With each step I had to fight with myself not to just curl up on the dirty ground now and cry, cry until I couldn't shed a single tear no more.

I tried, as I walked past them not to look at them. I tried, as I walked past them not to shed a tear. His arms around her, protecting her. Her head, cowering on his chest. Her whole body fitted perfectly with his.

I didn't want to. God knows why I did it, my heart - what's left of it - screamed at me not to, tried to reject the idea but I did it, anyways. I must be a sucker for punishment. I looked into Ashton's eyes.

His eyes tried to look, seek in mine for forgiveness, something I don't think I could handle right now. As soon as I made eye contact and saw that I had to run.

He didn't yell after me. I didn't expect or want him to. I wouldn't had come back.

I wanted her to yell after me.

But there only sound to fill my ears was the thud of my feet slamming against the ground, doing my best to get out of here as soon as possible.

Ashton's P.O.V

What the fuck just happened?

Sky - the girl I kidnapped months ago, who hated me at first - loved me? What would happen now? How would we live with each other, now? Try to avoid her?

Oh GOD! What would Emily say? The girl living in my house loved me. Of course she'd have a problem with that! Who wouldn't? Oh shit, oh sh-

"Ash?" Sky's voice sounded weak and was no louder than a whisper. "I've ruined us, haven't I."

How'd you reply to that? Oh, of course you have! Or, no, we'll just live with each other though you love me and I'm in an relationship.

Chuckling sarcastically at my silent she added, "That says it all, doesn't it? God, I'm so stupid." Lifting her head off my tear soaked tee she refused to meet my eyes, staring at the ground only. "W-we could pretend, you know? I could pretend I never said it. It'll be like old times!" Nervous laughter escaped her lips. I didn't reply again. For once, I was speechless.

"I just can't lose you, Ash."

Finally her eyes meet mine and like a bullet smashing through my skill it hit me. The love, emotion pouring out of her heart through her eyes was magical. But... I didn't love her like that.

"I love you, too, Sky." I whispered, watching her eyes sparkle. Looking at her like that made me feel like such a prick as the next sentence slipped through my hesitant lips. "But like a sister."

Her face collasped into never ending sadness, her eyes losing her lively sprit, her smile slide off her face as her arms went limp around my waist.