I simply nodded my head, too tired to speak and followed him outside, into the hallway. It felt weird to be with him alone but not awkward. Never awkward.

"You called me up last night." He spoke, his voice soft.

"Um, yeah. Yeah. I um, did." I spoke looking at him.

"Why? Is everything all right?" He asked.

"Um, uh. Yeah. I found out I'm pregnant with Liam's child and I had no one to tell." I pulled the sleeves of the sweatshirt and  whispered to add some dramatic effect. God, I hadn't messed with him in a while. I honestly missed it.

After I told him this, long gone was the person who was so soft-spoken just a while ago. His whole demeanour changed. An angry aura surrounded him. He got mad, so so mad. His whole face transformed. There was fury burning bright in his eyes.

"Are you fucking crazy?! I don't talk to you for a month and nineteen days and you go get pregnant?! What the hell Nov?" Blaze spat angry.

My heart fluttered. He called me Nov. And he had been counting the days.

I wanted to carry on more, mess with him but his shouting gave me a migraine and the anger in his eyes scared me so I settled for, "Geez, learn to take a joke." while rubbing my temples.

He looked less mad but mainly relieved. "What the fuck Nov? Don't scare me like that." He said. I knew if I wasn't having such a bad day, he would get angrier and shout and yell and give me a lecture, but he understood. He kept his anger under control. And thats what I loved about him. He always cared about me a little more than himself.

I just gave him a weak smile and shrugged. "Hadn't messed with you in a while."

"Okay, it's fine. Nov, I know that you wouldn't just call me at 4 in the morning for pranking me when we weren't even talking, so tell me what's up?" He said.

"Uh, nothing. Just a bad dream. You know, the usual?" I replied in a timid voice, scared that he might insult me again.

Instead of all that he just asked, "What happened this time?"

"Got my parents getting hit, abused. Saw my brother getting killed because he was shot in the head. Saw my parents bleed to death and the captivator shooting himself. I couldn't do anything. I was held captive." I said, feeling weaker by the moment as I recollected the dream again.

Blaze stood there speechless. He didn't know what to say. I think he didn't imagine my dreams to be this bad. In the end he just pecked my forehead, told me to take care and walked away. Just like that, without even once turning back. I thought we'd be back on talking terms after this but no, we weren't and it sucked.

I went back in the cafeteria for the remaining period of lunch and when I sat down, Liam spoke up, "Were you both making out or what?" wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ew, first, don't do that. And second, no, we weren't." I said defensively.

I then noticed Blaze was nowhere around. Must have gone to find the 'Girl of The Day'. Whatever. Doesn't matter. Or does it?

I entered home and set my bag near the door, taking off my shoes. I entered the kitchen to get something to eat because I was super hungry. I noticed mum sitting on one of the stools and I greeted her. She smiled back warmly. I made myself toasts and a coffee and sat opposite her once I was done.

We talked for a while and I decided to tell her about the dreams truthfully when she asked me why did I look so tired all the time.

I traced the border of the cup with my thumb and spoke up after a short silence. "So I have been getting these dreams. Bad dreams, nightmares, whatever you want to call it. They're just so violent, y'know? Always ends up in me dying. And sometimes, I see myself but as a five or six year old, getting hit, abused, and I don't know what to do. How to stop. I can't. I refuse falling asleep. I don't get much sleep. Two or three hours tops and it is just so and." I ended it with a exhale.

Mum listened. Carefully. But by the time I mentioned me seeing an younger version of me, she stiffened and then, avoided my gaze.

"Uh. It may just be a phase, it shall pass." She said not looking up.

"A phase? Phase?! I thought at least you would understand mum!" I raised my voice.

"I do, honey. But I don't think they are flashbacks." Mum replied, looking up for the first time.

"I never said anything about flashbacks." I shot back.

Her eyes widened by a fraction, for a second but I noticed. Something was up and she wouldn't tell me.

"What is it that you're hiding? Tell me." I said

"This is nonsense. I'm not hiding anything." Mum said, rudely.

"You're a liar. I know something is up and I'll find it out." I retorted back.

"Alaska November White! You will not talk to me in that tone of yours and mind your tongue." She shouted.

"Then tell me what you know!" I told her, getting frustrated, pulling at my sleeves, can't Bering my fingers.

"There's nothing I know. But there is something I can do. I'll take you to therapy for these dreams." She told me, her voice lowering in the end.

I was mad at her but I thought over it. Therapy? What could go wrong?

"Fine." I replied curtly and walked out of there, making sure to slam the front door.

There was something mum was hiding and won't tell me. But why? Was it possible they were flashbacks? Or were they just fragments of my imagination?

________________

Sooo there. Views people?

All the love,
Pia xx

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW