Thirty

"Leave her the fuck alone!" I yelled.
I wasn't sure what to do. My instinct told me to grab her and run, but I knew that would never work.

"Shut the fuck up!" The guy yelled and pushed the gun harder into her temple.

"Okay, okay calm down." I tried to take the tension off him. "What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm taking her and you got forty eight hours to get Jason the money or you'll never see her again." He threatened. Was this guy serious?

"Is this a joke?" I almost laughed. I couldn't believe Jason would actually go this far.

"Do you think this is a joke?!" He yelled and in a sudden move he pointed the gun at her knee and before I could yell something he shot her in her knee. Rose screamed and cried. He just blew her fucking knee cap off and blood started coloring the floor. What the fuck is going on? I panicked. This guy was serious.

Suddenly I heard a door in the hall open. David. "David stay in your room!" I yelled at him. Rose was on the ground crying and screaming in pain.

"Mommy?" I heard David's small voice.

"Baby go back to your room." Rose cried. David started crying hysterically and I quickly grabbed him and pushed his face to my chest so he couldn't look at her. I tried to shush him, but he was so upset.

"I'll get Jason the money. Just don't take her! She has nothing to do with this." I yelled.

Rose was crying out my name and I think the guy was thrown off by David walking in cause he quickly grabbed Rose by her arms and started dragging her away. She was screaming from the top of her lungs and I put David down and tried to pull her back but he pointed the gun at David.

"I will do it." He hissed.

"No! Stay the fuck away from my son!" Rose yelled and in a brief moment her mother instincts took over and she yanked her arm away. She tried to crawl over to David. Her knee was bleeding and it looked really bad but she didn't care she tried the best she could.

In a reflex I got in front of David and tried to help Rose, but the man quickly grabbed her and hit her on the head with his gun knocking her out.
David was screaming and crying and I was so angry. I wanted to punch him in his face but he had his gun quickly pointed back at David. I got back in front of David so now his gun was pointing at me.

"You can't shoot me. Jason would never allow you to kill me if he still wants to see his money." I bluffed. Tension was filling the air.

"Sure. But you only have to be alive to get that money. So what's a knee or an arm right?" He threatened pointing the gun at my knee. I didn't know what to say. David was crying, Rose was knocked out and I had a gun pointed at me. It was chaos and I didn't know what to do. He picked her up and as he looked down at her to pick her up I ran up to him and tried to take the gun from him, but he noticed me and hit me on the head. Darkness.

I woke up and I was trying to open my eyes. A bright light was blinding me, but I really wanted to open my eyes. I was focused on opening my eyes when I suddenly remembered.

"Rose." I whispered. My eyes shot open. I panicked. Where is she? Where am I? "Rose?!" I screamed. I felt tears roll down my cheek. Please let it not be true. "Rose!" I was hysterical now. Suddenly someone rushed in.

"Sir please lay down." A gentle woman's voice said as she tried to push me back down on the bed.

"Where am I?" I yelled as I tried to push myself back up again. But I was weak so she laid me back down. A huge headache was setting up.