Eighteen

Rose's POV

I was pacing down the halls of the hospital, waiting for someone to tell me I could go in. I hated this. It brought up too many bad memories being in a hospital like this. I looked at the clock and saw I had been waiting here for over an hour. After Harry had been brought in last night I was told to go home and come back the next day, so I did. But they wouldn't let me see him and I was kind of getting annoyed. I walked up to the first nurse I spotted.

"Excuse me mam, I've been waiting here for over an hour can I please go in now?" I tried to be polite.

"Just family." She mumbled without looking at me.

Without thinking I responded, "I'm his wife. Now please let me in."

Finally she looked up at me and without saying a word she nodded at me, giving me permission to go in. I rushed over to the room and busted in. I saw Harry look at me as I stumbled in. He laughed when he saw the rush I was in.

"Missed me already?" He said with an amusing smile.

"Oh shut up." I laughed walking over to his bed.

I sat down next to him and looked up. His face was busted and his green eyes were surrounded by black circles.

"You look horrible." I said and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"I thought you would like my black eye." He said sarcastically.

I laughed and he reached to cup my cheek, his thumb brushing my cheek and a small smile appeared on his face, showing his dimple.

"I'm sorry for what I said the other day Rose." He whispered.

I knew that he meant it, but the things he had said were very hurtful and even though I wanted to forgive him and forget it as quickly as possible, I knew I shouldn't let him off that easily.

"We still need to talk about that, Harry." I whispered looking up at him.

He nodded and looked away. We both didn't want to talk about it right now, but we knew we eventually had to.

"Wait, how did you even get in here? I thought only family was allowed in?" He asked.

I giggled as I thought of the lie I had told to get in here and I looked up at him.

"I said I was you wife."

I was trying not to burst out in laughter.

"You what?"

He was shocked and I saw a smile appear on his face.

"And she believed me!" I said.

I couldn't hold it in anymore and bursted out into laughter. I think it might be the nerves from last night, but I just wanted to laugh.

"Very well than mrs. Styles." He said with a grin on his face.

It sounded weird to hear him say that. I still had Thomas' name, but he didn't know about that part of my life, so hearing him say this made my stomach turn. Was I ever ready to let go of Thomas' name? I don't think I am.
I just smiled at him.

"So will you take me home, once they release me?" He asked and I nodded.

"I can do that."

It was hard to remind myself that I was angry at him for the things he had said. He looked so innocent and vulnerable like this.

"Mr. Styles?"

I heard a voice, so I turned around to see who it was coming from. I saw a nurse walk in and behind her another woman followed.