Twenty six

Rose's POV

"Hi beautiful." Jason said as he walked up to me.

He handed me a rose and I thought it was cute. Cliche but cute.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked.

I was kind of nervous. Jason seemed nice but I didn't really know much about him.

"I know a place." He said with a grin on his face.

We got in his car and he drove away. I saw the apartment building getting smaller and the further we drove the more I started to relax.

"So how was your day?" I asked trying to make some small talk.

"It was fine. How about yours?" He said.

"Fine." I answered with a smile.

I realized I didn't even know what he does. It must be something that pays well seeing the car he drives.

"So what do you do?" I asked

He looked at me for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders.
"I'm in business management." He answered casually.

"So what do you have to do on a regular work day?" I asked

"Not much. I spend a lot of time in an office. Sometimes I visit clients, but I mostly let others do that for me." He said.

The last part of the drive was silent and that was fine. After a few smiles and change of music, we pulled up at a beautiful restaurant with lightbulbs everywhere and a cute little tree in front of the entrance. It looked quite fancy and I hoped I wasn't underdressed.
Jason got out of the car and before I could open my door he had already opened it for me. I thanked him as I got out. We walked in and we were immediately greeted by a waiter who looked very fancy with a napkin over his arm. He made a little bow as he greeted us.

"Good evening mr. Bell" he said looking at Jason. "Ma'am." He said turning his head to me.
"The usual spot?" He asked looking at Jason and he nodded.

We followed the man into the back of the restaurant where a beautiful table set up near the window. A single candle was lit on the table and there were no other tables around. It was beautiful. Jason pulled out my seat and I sat down. Gosh what a gentleman. Nothing compared to Harry. Fuck. Why did I think of him. I looked at Jason. His blue eyes looked even more beautiful with candle light and I felt a little flutter in my stomach.

"Wine?" He said with a smile.
I nodded and looked around. This place was beautiful. All the walls were white and strings of lightbulbs lit up the room. There were beautiful paintings on the wall and you could look right on to the street. Busses and cars drove by and their headlights made it even prettier. I relaxed and decided to just enjoy this evening. Jason ordered us some wine and then turned to me.

"So what do you think?" He said with a shy smile.

"Well you went all out." I laughed.
"I like it Jason. Thank you." I said as I removed a strain of hair out of my face.

"So how is your son?" He asked.

I thought it was kind of him to ask about David. Most guys don't really feel comfortable dating women who already have kids, but Jason seemed fine about it.
"He's great. His birthday is next week. I can't believe he's turning four already." I said.

I was really excited for his birthday. My baby was going to go to school! I couldn't believe time had gone by so fast.

"That's great." Jason said with a smile.

The waiter came in with our wine and I thanked him. "Are you ready to order?" He asked. I hadn't even looked at the menu yet, so I wanted to ask for some more time but Jason interrupted me.