Fourteen

Harry's POV

"Liam, what the fuck?"

Liam was leaning against my doorpost with a swollen lip and a bloody nose. He had a black eye and was holding his chest with one hand and my door with the other to keep himself steady.

"Get inside." I said through my teeth.

What did he get himself into this time? The fucker seemed to attract trouble.

"I guess Jason got to you?" I said helping him sit down.

"Yeah, he wasn't to happy about me losing the pills." Liam said.

He was in a lot of pain and he was still holding his chest.

"What happened Liam?" I whispered.

I felt bad for him even though it was his own stupid fault probably. He must have said something stupid to Jason.

"I gave back the money I owed him, but I guess he wasn't satisfied. Got a few men to beat me up in an alley." He said staring at the ground.

"For fucksake Liam, do you need me to talk to him?" I was a bit concerned.

He might be dumb piece of shit, but he was also my friend.

"I don't think he'd listen, especially to you Harry." Liam said.

He might actually be right. Jason and I have quite the history and we're not really on good terms right now.

"Just stay away from him, Liam. If shit like this goes down again, I'm gonna have to get involved and I honestly don't want to."

Liam nodded and tried to get on his feet, but was immediately put back down by the pain of his injuries.

"We need to get you to a hospital." I said as I tried to help him get up.

"It's fine, Harry. It'll heal." Liam said with a frown.

I knew he wasn't alright, but if he thought he could manage, then fine. Saves me from a drive to the hospital. I helped him get to the door and before we could walk out he turned around to look at me. His face was stern and his eyes cold.

"I'm fine, Harry." He said a bit annoyed pushing my arm off of his waist.

"Whatever. Don't get yourself into shit again, asshole." I said as I turned around to walk back into my apartment.

Liam shook his head and stumbled in to the hallway, closing the door behind him.
I had a bad feeling about the whole situation. Jason was not one to mess with and Liam didn't look too good. I took out my phone and dialed Zayn's number. He picked up after the third ring.

"Yeah?" I heard his voice on the other side of the line.

"We got a problem. Well Liam's got a problem, but if this continues, then we do too." I said.

I think Zayn heard the concern in my voice because he was quiet for a minute until he said, "I'll call Niall an Louis and we'll be at your place in an hour."

I thanked him and hung up the phone. Honestly I wasn't in the mood to pick a fight, but these boys have stuck with me through a lot and if one of us is in trouble, the rest won't just turn their backs. Liam had stuck up for me so many times even though I gave him shit for it half of the time. I knew Jason just a little too well to know he wasn't gonna let this go easily.

Liam's POV

"Jason, come on man. I paid you back didn't I?"

I was getting a bit nervous. He looked at me with a mean smirk and his arms crossed over his chest as he was leaning against the wall. His black hair was pushed back and his blue eyes stared at me with amusement.