Three

Harry's POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of cups clinking and shoveling footsteps in the kitchen. I opened my eyes and felt the massive headache caused by my drinking from last night. "Fuck." I whispered. I saw Rose turn around to look at me. She had a frown on her face as if she was thinking about something. She walked over to me with two aspirins and a glass of water. "Drink up." She said when she handed them to me. I did what she said and got up from the couch. "I'm gonna go now." I said looking at her. "You're not even gonna thank me?" She asked surprised. I was equally as surprised by her question. "Why would I thank you? You didn't have to bring me here. I could have gotten home by myself." I spit. What was I doing? "Fine! Go ahead and leave, but don't expect me to help you out again." She sounded angry. "Yeah whatever." I said and I walked towards the door.

I put on my shoes which were neatly put in front of the door and grabbed my jacket. I turned around to look at her. She was standing there with her arms crossed. I really did piss her off. She didn't deserve this but I just couldn't bring myself to say the right words. I was just about to leave when I heard her voice. "Why did you say I was beautiful last night." I froze and tried to remember when I might have said that.

I slowly turned around and started laughing. "I was drunk Rose. Do you really think I'd say something stupid like that if I was sober?" I raised my eyebrows. Disappointment flashed through her eyes, but she quickly regained herself. "I guess not." She said and turned around to walk away from me. I felt a bit guilty for saying these things to her especially because I was lying, but I quickly shook off the feeling and walked out the door.

As I walked out of the building the cold air hit me and I quickly crossed the street towards my car. I got in and turned up the heat and let my head fall on the steering wheel. "Fuck!" I shouted. I had to stay away from her. I was no good. But she just kept drawing me in. Why was this so hard? I looked up at the apartment building and remembered how she was tracing a tattoo on my arm with her finger. How she took of my shoes and my jacket like we knew each other, but we don't. Why was she so nice to me? Can't she see I'm just a total ass? I needed to get out of here, so I turned on the engine and drove home.

Rose's POV

I heard the door slam and I threw the cups I was holding in the sink. What an asshole. How could he be such a dick after I helped him out last night. I thought we might actually be able to get along after the things he said to me last night, but I guess I was wrong. There was just something about him that made me want to be around him. I had never felt this way about someone since Thomas and I felt kind of guilty even though I had absolutely no romantic feelings towards this man. He was rude and I couldn't stand him to be honest.

It was Sunday and I had one day left to spend with David before the week started again and I would be caught up with school and work. I walked over to his room and I heard him whisper softly. "I miss you daddy. Mommy cries a lot. You have to come home." I heard his little voice. My heart broke in to a thousand pieces and I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I leaned my forehead against the door. "I miss him too." I whispered before entering David's room.

He was sitting on the floor with the picture of Thomas and I pressed against his chest. He must have taken it out of my room. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. We sat there for a while in silence until I heard his voice. "Mommy, why did daddy leave?" He asked looking up at me. I didn't know what to say. How am I supposed to explain this to a three year old? "I don't know baby. I guess the Angels wanted daddy to be with them."
I responded quietly. He moved closer to me and laid his head down against my arm. I pulled my arm out from under him so I could wrap it around his tiny body and I pulled him closer to me. "I wish they would share him with us." He whispered. I felt the pain rise in my chest as I looked down at him. He was crying. "Me too baby. Me too." I said.