✴Sixteen✴

Dedicated to kartika_k

Kartika_k you're awesome and you deserve this. ♥

Guys check out kartika_k's works. They're freaking awesome. I just read her book 'Screw the Beauty Standards'. It was just wooow and now I'm reading her other story. Whoever stumbles upon this chapter, please go check out her works. :)

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

It's so fast Saturday. I'd been getting ride from Austin. Ryan did glare at us everyday and he also seemed a bit hurt but that's all an act, I tell you. Ryan did come to my room in night and stayed for how long I have no idea because I had been half awake most of the time when he enters and fell asleep after awhile.

He just used to stroke my hair and caress my cheek by laying next to me. Yeah, yeah, I was supposed to throw a tantrum and should've pushed him out of the room but I was too tired and I knew he's stubborn and strong. The worst part was, I loved his company at night. Don't you dare think anything rubbish in your mind. I mean, in night I didn't have to look at his face and see the annoying smirk nor the things which he had told me would taunt me.

It did flash in my mind at times but I brushed it off. I think he knew that I was half awake during the nights when he came over. Anyways I'm leaving this place in two days. But just the thought makes me all sad and gloomy. I feel as if I'm never gonna come back here and that adds up to the gloomy feeling and makes me even more sad and teary too.

May be it's because of Rebecca and Ashley that I feel this way? Or is it Ryan? No way. May be, yes way..? Gosh! I'm going crazy with all these mates stuff.

Beep. Beep.

I opened the text message from Rebecca. She's like in the room diagonal from mine and she chose to text me. Why? She's as crazy as me.

Rebecca: Come over here. We're having a girls plus one guy night ;)

Girls plus one guy? What is she trying to say?

Me: Who's that plus one? Simon?

Rebecca: Girl, don't get pissed or anything. It's Ryan XD. He won't disturb you in anyway. I'm totally responsible for that.

Ryan? I'm not pissed or anything. I actually started feeling bad for treating him like that. But I don't know what else to do either. He isn't serious about this mate stuff at all and why did he have to lead me on with his sappy dialogues the other night.

Lead me on? What's wrong with me? Do I like him? Like...LIKE him? Oh! My head's spinning in confusion.

Rebecca: Kate? If you don't want him to be there, I shall ask him to leave.

Oh! I forgot to reply to her text. I quickly typed her a reply.

Me: Nah, I'm cool with him being around. No problem at all. I'll be there in few seconds. :)

When I added the smiley, I did literally smile for no reason at all.

I walked to her room and knocked before entering. My heart raced as I found Ryan sprawled on the floor with his head on Rebecca's lap and Ashley sitting next to Rebecca, on floor either.

"Hi guys." I didn't know what else to say. Ryan lifted his head up and looked at me. Awe, he looked cute like a baby. I wanted to kiss him and hug the life out of him but my mind reminded me that he's a jerk. Sighs. Ashley patted the spot next to her and I sat there. Rebecca threw a pillow at me to place it behind our back. The other two girls, already had pillows for their own and Ryan had one too, which was placed on Rebecca's lap. Ashley was between Rebecca and me.

I actually wanted Ryan to lay on my lap. Pft. All this is mate bonding thingy, I guess.

"So?" I started slowly.

"What do you wanna know? I mean, you may have some doubts about us." Rebecca said, stroking Ryan's hair. Oh! He was facing me and yes, his eyes were only on me. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Damn, I was sweating like pig.

"Um- why's that there are two packs when there could be just one." I asked my long awaited doubt.

"Nice one." Ashley giggled and Rebecca started with the story.

Alpha Nick and Luna Sadie didn't want their kids to fight for the power or anything in future and they wanted Alpha Leonard and Alpha Louis to stay together till the end. So, Alpha Nick came up with this new idea and created two packs.

"Wow. Alpha Nick was so considerate." I said and the girls nodded their heads, smiling proudly. Ryan was only looking. I felt as if he was looking through my eyes into my heart and soul itself. My heartbeat took a run inside.

"Kate? You okay? You're heart is beating too fast." Rebecca looked worried. Geez! I can't hide much from these people. Ashley looked at me with concern and Ryan rose up and was looking at me longingly. I couldn't handle it anymore.

I got up and said, "I uh - I'm going to sleep." I lied. It's almost 11pm but I wasn't sleepy at all.

"Kate? Wait. If its because of me, I'll leave. You guys have fun." Ryan said walking up to me and standing in front of me in a foot distance. I wanted to hug him and feel the warmth of his body and the force was pulling me too but I resisted with so much power which I'd just discovered within myself.

With that said he walked out of the room and I was standing in the same place, almost rooted to the spot. Rebecca and Ashley rose up from the floor and next minute we were in a group hug. Why? I don't know.

"What's wrong, Kate? Why are you both not talking much?" Rebecca sat me down on her bed and she sat next to me with Ashley on my other side.

Then, Ashley's hand came up to my face and she wiped away my...tears? I was crying? I just realized it.

I told them everything, from the first/worst date and then his recent sappy dialogue.

"Kate, Kate." Rebecca shook her head disapprovingly, "You've gotten it all wrong." She cupped my face and looked into my eyes. Huh?

"Yeah! He tells us everything. Let us make it all clear for you." Ashley said and looked at Rebecca knowingly.

Rebecca inhaled before starting, "He isn't acting or being a jerk, Kate. He really likes you from the beginning. Caleb actually asked Zander first, to take you out and Zan was okay with it too but Ryan butted in and said that he would do it. He was so nervous on that day and we had to do hell lot of things to calm him down which also includes smacking his head." I chuckled, and so did the other two.

"He took you to that restaurant because he wanted you feel special. I don't know what kinda looks he gave you but I'm sure it isn't what you think it is. About the kiss, he said that he got too nervous. He came back home that night, looking like a crap. He must have shifted right after you called off this date and had run for miles in the woods. We all were so worried that day. Rebecca and I spent that night with him, asking the cause for his shitty mood." Ashley said a part. What are these girls saying? Is it all true?

"He was too happy when he knew that you were his mate." Rebecca squeezed my hand and I turned to look at her. All this while I was looking at the floor.

"He really likes you, I doubt he loves you already. Just give him a chance." Rebecca looked at me expectantly.

I looked at her without opening my mouth to say anything. I couldn't open my mouth for some strange reason. I think I've become dumb.

All these new information only made my heart to beat wildly and my mind was absolutely messed up. I couldn't think straight. I felt as if my head was filled with some invisible gas or something. It felt so heavy all of a sudden and my vision blurred.

BAM.

"KATE?" Ashley's voice.

"Go and get Ryan." Rebecca yelled.

I blacked out.