✴Twenty four✴

Luna Sarah, Helen and Rebecca were over me and I was under them, obviously, getting squished. I couldn't find Austin. He must've used this chance to romance with his mate. Traitor.

Finally, some external force pulled the wolf ladies off of me and I was able to breathe normally. I even checked, if I'm still in shape or buried inside the floor.

A hand was extended for me to take it and get my lazy ass off of the floor. I looked up at the person's face.

Zander. He was smiling widely and I felt a tug in my heart. Did I hurt him by my decision or something? He isn't showing any sign of hurt.

"Thanks for saving me." I grinned at him. He chuckled and pulled me for a hug. I hugged him back too. Awe, I'm gonna miss this.

"I'm sorry, Zan." I apologized into his chest.

"You don't have to be." He rubbed my back and pulled back.

"Welcome to our family, Kate." Luna Helen said sounding too happy and squirming in her place. I think she wanted to jump or something. I gave her a half smile.

"You're still part of our family too." Luna Sarah said, looking as happy as Helen. Isn't she mad or sad that I hadn't chosen her son? She didn't look a least bit worried. I smiled at her too.

"You can move here right away." Alpha Louis said, smiling broadly. Actually everyone had huge smiles on their faces including Zander but Ryan was so blank like a new document in Microsoft word.

I know what's exactly going on in his head. I let out a sigh before replying, "No, um- my decision might be the same but he doesn't want me here. So, I'm leaving." I turned around and speed walked to the exit without giving any time for anybody to question me or discuss about it any further. But I didn't reach the door successfully. I was stopped by someone. That person turned me around, holding my shoulder.

Ryan? Why's he stopping me? Oh! May be thank me for leaving or to bid me goodbye before I leave.

"What?" I asked in a low voice, looking away from him.

"I can't believe that you'd chosen me." He blurted out, as he lifted my chin up to face him.

I kept looking into his warm blue eyes. I didn't know what to say. I'm sure that everyone in the living room could hear us.

Ryan grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the living room and then, up the stairs and into his room. Now the others wouldn't be able to listen to our conversations. But I'm all alone with him in his room. Not so right. I gulped. I moved to his window and looked outside at the view of the woods. Not such a beautiful sight or anything but it calmed me for some reason.

"What made you think that I didn't want you here?" He spoke up from closely behind. I gasped at the closeness but didn't turn around.

"I saw you having so much fun with the cheerleaders." I said, hanging my head down.

I felt his body vibrating behind me. Hmm? He was....laughing? I swirled around and glared at him which only made his laughter to increase more and more.

I scoffed and tried to turn around again but he stopped me, still guffawing.

"I just did that to make you jealous. But I thought you may get mad at me and hang out with Zander more to make me jealous and all that. I never expected you to take such a decision. And I'm really so damn happy." He grinned widely, like a kid. I chuckled.

It's of no use in lying or hiding my emotions anymore. Anyway, Wolf Goddess asked me to unleash my emotions.

"Your stupid act did work though. I did feel jealous. That was the first time and only then I realized who's 'the one'." I blushed badly because I haven't talked anything like this with any other guy before.

"Awe, you're blushing." He made the situation worse and pinched my cheek and then, kissed on my cheek.

"Pft." I swatted his hand away. He laughed again. Grr.

"Kate?" He sobered down and sounded all serious. I just looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I love you. I really do." He carassed his thumb over my chin and slowly moved his fingers to my lips. My stupid, sensitive hormones went crazy and I shivered at his simple touch. He smirked and leaned forward.

He pecked on my lips, placed me on the windowsill and went straight to my neck. He started kissing on my neck. It felt damn good. I couldn't shut my mouth from gasping and moaning once in awhile. My one hand was holding onto his hair and the other hand was crushing his T-shirt with my legs wrapped around his torso. I was almost like a monkey, hanging on to him.

"Shall I mark you?" He asked taking a small break from the heavenly kisses on my neck. I nodded. My vocal cord is disabled, temporarily.

He kissed for few more times on my neck. And then, I felt something sharp touch my skin and pierce through it. Damn! It was painful.

"It hurts." I held his hair tightly and my legs tightened around his torso. His grip on my waist tightened too. In a second he was fully biting me and I tore his T-shirt. I'm good at masking my pain so I didn't scream but I couldn't stifle my scream either.

Just when I was about to lose it, the pain subsided and he kissed on my, just bitten spot. The pain vanished. He pulled back and had a bloddy damn sexy smile on his face.

Being shocked was the understatement. I was flabbergasted. Once, when I accidentally scraped my hand with a knife, the pain stayed for more than a week but now, it was like a magic.

"What happened?" I asked him and touched the spot and tried to look at it but I couldn't. He chuckled as he walked over to his dresser. He came back with a mirror. He placed it in front of me and I could see something which more likely looked like a hickey on my neck. I thought it may look like a snake bite or something.

"Not bad. It's cool." I grinned at him, excited.

He chuckled and pecked on my lips.
"You're cute. There's just one more thing to compelete the mating process." He said, wiggling his brows at me. I'm not so dumb to not understand what he was implying. I couldn't help the stupid blush creeping up on my face. Go away blush! No, it didn't work.

"Awe." Ryan, idiot cupped my face and was admiring my cute face. I was doing the same thing too. But I took the upper hand now.

I swatted his hands away, grabbed his face and kissed him, with full heart, for the first time, not on autopilot mode. Hehe.

"I love you." I mumbled against his lips. He smiled and deepening the kiss.

I think this is it. My love of life had been found, finally.