✴Fourteen✴

Rebecca slapped my mouth shut and her other hand was shielding one of her ears. Oops! I forgot about the super hearing stuff.

But, C'mon. Ashley is a human? How???

"Stop asking million questions inside your head."  She said and slowly removed her hand from my mouth. I nodded and looked at her expectantly.

She let out another deep sigh.

"My mom's a human. And that's why Ashley's one too." She reasoned out in short. Well, that was too short for an explanation.

"Oh!" I didn't know what else to say. I had too many things running in my mind before she could stop my brainstorming.

I thought Ashley was adopted or something. I didn't know that humans existed in this area except for me. Oh! I'm so naive and stupid.

"Knowing about that is a relief. At first, I regretted so much for being chosen as Zander's/Ryan's mate. 'How could a human be compared as alpha's mate? And how on earth would I be able to take up a position as Luna?' All these thoughts, still haunt me everyday." I was talking on auto pilot mode. Crap! Why am I telling her all these stuffs? I think I got too close to her that my mouth decided to act on its own, by stealing free information from my memory. Cunning mouth. Pft.

"Don't ever say that again." A voice was heard from the window and I jumped on Rebecca's lap.

Ryan, asshole, entered through her window. Yes, window, like a freaking Jacob black. But in this case it's sister's room.

"Ryan? Were you listening to all of it?" She asked and he nodded.

I gasped and shut my mouth. He looked hurt and sad. But my eyes are deceiving, I guess. My mouth had already deceived me twice, already,   1) While kissing him, last night and
2) While voicing out my thoughts to Rebecca.

Without any warning he dragged me out of the room, and then into his room and...hugged me?

He was holding my waist. I didn't reciprocate it yet but it felt so good. His body was warm and well built. I just held his T-shirt and let my head rest on his chest, freely. Earlier, I was forcing my head not to lean forward.

"Don't ever say that you regret being my mate." He spoke up, behind my head. I could feel his jaw moving against my head too.

"Hmm."

"That's the best thing that had ever happened to me." He said and I could tell that he was smiling.

The second those words left his mouth. I felt something really strange going on in the pit of my stomach. As if someone was knitting and knotting inside. And my heart got triggered and decided to run a marathon inside the ribcage. My whole body is deceiving me right now.

Wait, wait. This is Ryan Adams and not Zander Adams. He's probably just playing with me. Gosh! How can I be so stupid and fall for it? How could I ever forget our first date which also happened to be the last one? He never liked me, because I was a human.

I pulled back abruptly and looked at him, in the eye, "Stop playing with my emotions, Ryan Adams. I know you didn't mean it. And I know how high you think of me the very first time I went out on a date with you." I spat and took a step back. He looked puzzled.

Oh! Great! He doesn't even remember that date. Fantastic. Why am I even explaining all this to him?

"Don't come after me. I'm tired." With that I took off to my room. Surprisingly, he didn't come behind me.

It's gonna be harder than I thought to make my choice at the end of this month and be around Ryan for this week.

Someone shoot me from thin air, please.