Chapter 26- Propositions and Proposals

(A/N) So I know I said that his friends would be in this chapter...well sorry they aren't! I know! Don't hate me! It's just that this chapter kind of wrote itself and I couldn't delete it and I felt bad for not updating in so long that I couldn't just not post this so here ya go!! Make sure you check out the video and picture on the side! But not until after...well I guess it doesn't really matter when, but I would watch it after! :)

Enjoy! Please comment and vote! :)

-Hannah :)

-------------------------------

Maria’s POV:

Hearing that Evan’s birthday was coming up, I couldn’t help but get excited. I loved planning parties and I knew that I could come up with an awesome one, that included his friends of course, to celebrate his 18th birthday. I called Rach over to come help me and together we had been sitting around my pool planning for the past couple hours, with Evan casually not listening with his headphones in beside me.

“How much longer?” Evan whispered in my ear as he leaned over and gave my cheek a quick kiss.

“Almost done,” I said leaning against his chest and tucking my head under his chin.

“Good, I am starving,” he said. Such a typical boy answer.

“You can go inside and grab something to eat. I am sure my mom would make you something,” I suggested.

“Will you come in and join me soon?” he asked, excited with the prospect of food seeming closer.

“Of course,” I replied and he got up and sauntered into the house.

“How did you get so lucky? You two are so adorable M,” Rachel told me smiling.

“You and Ryan are the exact same way, so I don’t want to hear it!” I joked with her. As much as I loved hearing people say how perfect Evan and I were together, it kind of scared me. I never wanted this “perfectness” to end, but I felt like there had to be a point where it did.

She laughed and shook her head at me and changed the subject, “Let’s go over the plans we have so far.”

“Right, so they, Evan’s friends, all arrive tomorrow. I’m assuming Evan will want to hang out with them for awhile and I’ll probably have dinner with them or something of that sort.”

“Yes and Monday we can invite them to go swimming, I’ll come and bring Ryan and we can all hang out all day. It’ll be like a typical teenage summer hangout!”

“Tuesday we are going to have a girl’s day, even though I don’t really want to invite Ashley, I will. It’ll be me, you, Tessa and Ashley, correct?” I asked, trailing my finger down our list of plans.

“Correct, we can get Evan some presents and the boys can do whatever it is boys do on that day and then Wednesday--“

“Is when the real fun begins!” I finished for her, “There is going to be swimming and sunshine and boating and amazing food and then at night we can build a fire on the beach and sit around and get to know each other more, all while celebrating Evan’s 18th birthday!”

“Awesome! Sounds like the perfect plan! Now let’s go eat!” Rach said excitedly, I swear she was a bigger eater than most guys I knew.

We had lunch, my mom fixed us pizza and whipped up the best sweet tea you will ever taste, the secret is the honey. Rach left after, stating that Ryan had asked her to meet him for an “afternoon of fun”.