Chapter 22- Boat Rides and Sweet Sunsets

(A/N) hey everyone! So the whole part one and part two thing was stupid so forget I ever said that! This is chapter 22!!! It's the boat ride and everything that happens after!! There is a ton and I mean a ton of romance in this chapter!! Like they are kissing every second haha :) hope you like it!! Please vote and comment!

-Hannah :)

----------

Chapter 22:

Maria's POV:

Spending the afternoon and evening on Ryan's uncle's yacht was the perfect ending to a perfect day. We sailed out to the ocean and drifted down the coast awhile and watched the sunset.

Ryan had planned the whole day out and had food for dinner stashed on the boat. We spread blankets on the deck and had a picnic on the ocean. We joked about how none of us knew how to tell our parents what we were doing. As far as any of them knew, we were at the cabin in the woods, not drifting out to see on an expensive boat driven by an 18 year old captain. Ryan did know what he was doing though so at least that was a comforting thought.

The yacht itself wasn't boasting of features that overwhelmed us. It was fairly modest but still cool at the same time. Ryan explained how his uncle had bought it years ago and never really found use for it. I guess that's why he figured giving it to four teenagers for the day didn't seem like a big deal. To us though, it was paradise.

Evan's back was resting up against the railing and I was sitting in front of him with my back against his chest. His arms were wrapped around mine which were wrapped around my knees which were pulled up to my chest. Evan placed his head next to mine and whispered the one question we had been collectively thinking all evening, "So when do you think Ryan is going to tell her?"

"Who knows? Hopefully soon though. I don't know if I can stand their discreet flirting any longer. Maybe we should just tell her. Drop a hint or something," I whispered back.

Evan just shook his head and said, "Nah that wouldn't be fair to Ryan. He needs to do this himself."

"Well then he needs to hurry it up!" I said louder than I meant to.

Ryan and Rach who had been sitting across from us entranced by each other, now looked over at me wondering if I was talking to them. I smiled at them and then turned my head away.

"Nice," Evan commented as he slowly moved my hair out my face that had fallen when I put my head down.

"Whatever. I want them to be together. I guess I am just anxious," I said.

"I can tell," Evan said as he softly kissed my cheek. "Do you think I could help you relax?" he asked me seductively.

"If that's your way of asking for permission to kiss me, please go ahead." I told him with a grin.

My lips met his and instantly I forgot where we were. I slowly turned around in my spot so I was facing him completely. He took my face in his hands and kissed me slower than he ever had before. I was reminded of how we had kissed in my bedroom today but this was completely different. Then it was lust and a bit of caring and love but now...now it was pure emotion, pure adoration.

I put my hands on his chest and I felt his heartbeat through his thin tee. It was strong and powerful and was speeding up with each passing moment. When our lips separated and our eyes opened I was breathless, speechless, and a million thoughts were racing though my mind. The most prominent one was the scariest one in more way then one. That was because love was the only way I could describe the emotions I was feeling...and it scared me.

The only thing I could clearly focus on was Evan and my mind couldn't comprehend all of the feelings that I was experiencing in that moment. How could a simple kiss create so many emotions? How could a guy I didn't know two weeks ago do this to me? Why was he smiling at me like that, like he had one a million dollars? Was I that good of a prize?