Chapter 14: Camila

Bowling sounded like a good idea to someone who's wrist wasn't in pain. The cuts still hurt, especially from when Lauren grabbed my wrist, yet at least Meaghan had found me in time and bandaged it up nicely.

While everyone was bowling, I was texting Meaghan. We were talking about random things until Meaghan asked, "So how have you been doing?" "Okay, I guess," I replied. "Are you sure?" she asked. "No. I want to cut again," I confessed.

"Please don't. I love you," she texted. "Why shouldn't I? You do it," I countered quickly. "We're not talking about me now are we," she sent me. "Whatever," I wrote. "I just want you to be okay," Meaghan told me.

Zayn and Normani ran up to me then. "Come on, are you sure you don't want to bowl?" Zayn asked. "It'll be fun," Normani added. I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll maybe do a little but of bowling, hang on," I told them. I texted Meaghan that I had to go, put a fake smile on my face, and joined everyone.

"You're playing! Yay!" Ally exclaimed. I laughed. "I had better get something out of this," I replied as I grabbed a ball and threw it down the lane, getting a strike. While pain shot up my whole arm, I was congratulated.

For a while, we all bowled together. Besides for the pain, it was pretty fun. We bowled until it was time for lunch, and we went to a pasta restaurant.

"Guys I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," I said as I finished my lunch. I hurried to the bathroom and took off my bandage. I then put coverup on my wrist and put on a bunch of bracelets that I had in my purse.

"Camz, are you in here?" Lauren asked as she walked in and I put on my last bracelet. "What part of don't call me that and don't talk to me don't you understand?" I sighed. "Please, can we just talk about it?" she pleaded. "I don't want to talk to you," I said as I walked away swiftly.

Once I got back to the table, I saw Harry flirting with Dinah. I sighed as I plopped myself down next to Ally and Louis. Ally put a hand on my knee and asked, "Alright guys, what would you like to do know?" "Let's go to our hotel and pack, then we'll come by your place for a bit before we go," Liam replied. With that, we all parted ways.

"Karaoke time?" Normani suggested as we walked into our home. "Definitely," Dinah and I replied simultaneously. Normani got the karaoke machine ready, then we all began to sing our hearts out to so many different songs. We really had a blast, even though I was totally ignoring Lauren.

Quickly enough, the guys showed up. We sang karaoke with the guys for a bit until they decided that they wanted to go swimming. Everyone got into their bathing suits and started heading outside to the beach.

Harry came up to me before he went outside. "Is everything alright?" Harry asked. "Of course," I replied sarcastically. "Seriously," he said. "Why do you care?" I retorted. "I care about you," he told me. "Sure," I replied with a wink.

Rolling my eyes, I began to walk away, yet Harry took my hand. "You're still important to me," Harry confessed. "If I were important to you then why were you making out with my ex-girlfriend who wasn't yet my ex?" I demanded loudly. "It's complicated," he muttered, barely loud enough for me to hear.

Dinah, Liam, and Niall came up to us then. "Are you going to come swimming with us?" Niall asked. I shook my head. Dinah gave Liam and Niall a look. I was confused until the two of them picked me up and brought me outside.

"Someone help me!" I screamed because the guys wouldn't let me go. They were all laughing, though, and I was stuck getting thrown into a little sand pit. "Let's bury her!" Zayn exclaimed. All nine of them began throwing sand on me, then made a sand castle on top of me.

Unfortunately, the guys had to leave soon after a castle was made on me. We all said our goodbyes and parted ways. The girls dug me out of the sand, then we all went home. As soon as we got home, I hoped into the shower.

Ally was waiting for me in our bedroom once I came out. "Hey Mila, how are you?" Ally asked, looking concerned. "Fine?" I replied, yet it sounded more like a question. "Are you sure?" Ally questioned. "Why?" I tensed up. "No reason, I just saw a text that you got from Meaghan telling you to stay strong and to not cut yourself, and then I found this in your sock drawer," Ally told me, holding up the blade I had taken from Meaghan.

I collapsed onto the onto the bed in tears. "What are you going to do? Are you going to put me in rehab?" I asked her. "No, but you have to tell the girls," Ally replied. "Not Lauren, please?" I pleaded. "Fine, but you're telling Dinah and Mani," she stated. "Not tonight, okay? I just want to rest," I told her.

"Just promise me one thing first," Ally said. "Okay, what?" I asked. "Promise me you won't ever cut yourself again. If not for me, or the others, or Meaghan, then do it for yourself. You don't deserve this," she said. "I promise I'll stop," I said with a smile on my face. Little did she know that my fingers were crossed behind my back.

We decided to just go to bed after that. When I awoke, there was a sticky note on my nightstand. "I'm sorry. -Ally," it read. I was confused until I heard a familiar voice say, "I'm glad you're awake."

"Lauren, what do you want?" I demanded, facing away from her. "I want to tell you how sorry I am for what I've done to you. It was wrong and if I could take back anything, it would be hurting you," Lauren said. "In life, you don't really get to take things back now do you?" I questioned.

"No-but-uh-but," she stammered. "Save it. It's clear that you don't care about me, otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess," I grumbled. "Are you crazy? Camz, I think I'm in love with you," Lauren confessed.

"Exactly. You only think. You don't know; you don't know anything, do you?" I retorted. "Please, Camz, I want a second chance," Lauren begged. I sighed and turned to face. "Why? So you can screw up again?" I asked.

"Okay, look. I know I made a mistake with Harry, and I really am sorry. I promise that I will never hurt you like that again," Lauren said. "That's right, because I'm not letting you," I replied. "Gosh Camz, why do you hate me so much?" Lauren questioned.

"That's the problem. I should be furious with you. I should hate you so much. I should practically want you dead, but I don't. I still love you. I love you so much. I just don't think I can handle getting hurt again, and I know it'll happen, I do. So please, just go?" I asked. She got up and walked away as I took a huge sigh and put my head back on the pillow.