There Is More To Me- Epilogue

"Carter? My brother's name is Jeremiah", Candice shakes her head as she continue to pick up her belongings. That name sounds so familiar...

I cock my head to the side in thought. He looks so much like Carter.

"If you don't mind me asking, where is your brother now?", I ask cautiously, looking at her face to see her reaction to my question. Her face pales and a frown etches onto it.

"He...I...I don't know..", she looks up at me, tears in her eyes. I want to ask what she meant by that but I resist since she is already upset. I feel it in my gut. That I'm right. It's Carter.

"Can I take a picture of this photo?"

"Sure", Candice scrunched up her face in confusion but still agrees.

I run to my bedroom, grab my phone and take a picture. After that, Candice says a quick goodbye and scurries out of the house. I go to sleep with the photo heavy in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day flies by with me being in a daze, the photography still in my mind. I haven't brought it up to Carter but I plan to doing so when he comes over with the others to my house this evening. I just felt like school wasn't the place to talk about a personal situation.

"Sweetie!", my mother exclaims with Shannon in her arms causing me to snap out of my daze.

"Y-Yes?", I ask, looking at my mother with surprise in my eyes, nearly falling off the kitchen chair.

"What are you thinking so hard about?", my mother gently rocks Shannon back and forth.

"I think Carter is Candice's brother"

"But her brother's name is Jeremiah"

"Both Carter and Brianna changed their names plus Jeremiah sounds so familiar. I just have a feeling it's him", I bite my lip in thought.

"You are always trying to solve mysteries", my mother shakes her head and smiles at me.

"What can I say? It runs in the blood", I smile. My mother laughs before I hear a knock on the door. I get up from the chair to open the door. Carter and the others stand in the doorway.  I open the door wider so they can enter. We all settle in the living room as I bite my lip.

"Carter, I have to show you something", I say cautiously as he raises an eyebrow.

"What is it?", he asks, curiosity clear on his face. I pull up the photo on my phone and turn it towards him. His eyes widen as he stares at the picture.

"That looks like me..when I was about three or four", he drawls," Where did you get this?"

"What was your name before you changed it?"

"Jeremiah, why?"

"Mom please call Candice!", I shout and my mother shouts back an okay.

"Who is Candice?"

"You'll see"

"Wait, what's going on?", Leo asks.

"Angel found a photo of me when I was younger but I can't remember who was in it with me since I was so young"

"Could it be your mother?", Brianna widen a fraction.

"I don't know", he says quietly. Everyone settle in silence until a knock comes from behind the front door. I get up and open the door as anxiety buzzes in the air. Candice gives me a big smile, wrapping me in a hug.

"How is my brownie lover today?", she asks as she removes her shoes.

"Very good, thank you", I smile," There're people who I want you to meet"