Chapter Thirty-One - Mr. Unicorn Ate Half Of Himself

I open my heavy eyes, my vision blurry and my mind cloudy. I move my hand around my bedside table trying to feel for my glasses. Hmm...strange it seems to have grown hair over night. You should really shave table. I can't feel my glasses anywhere. Maybe Mr. Unicorn would know where it is, wait unicorn are you eating corn?! I can't believe you! You're practically eating half of yourself! I let out a loud laugh as I roll on my stomach. Ouch, something's hurting my stomach.

"Ouch, move whatever annoying object is under my stomach or I'll send Mr. Unicorn to eat you like he ate half of himself", I mumble.

"That annoying object would be my head", someone groans., their voice muffled by the mattress of my bed.

I quickly sit up, only to see fuzzy balls instead of objects that are in my room. I run my hand through my tangled curls and let out a low groan. My glasses suddenly appear in front my face and I squint my eyes a little before snatching them from the person and placing them on my nose.

I look around and realize it's actually not my room but instead it's Leo's. It's actually clean! I look beside me to see an annoyed and red faced Leo glaring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", I raise a brow.

"First I wake up to someone patting my head and then I almost get suffocated in my own room by someone's stomach being on my head! My own room!", he shouts with frustration. Running his hands through his hair.

"So, my bedside table didn't actually grow hair", I mumble to myself.

"No kidding!", Leo continues to glare at me.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?! Who told you to put your damn head there!", I raise my voice to the same level of his and narrow my eyes at him.

"No one told you to be such a bad sleeper!"

I huff a breath out and blow a strand of hair out my face the same time before getting off his bed and stomping out the room. Ha! Bad sleeper?! Yeah, right! I only fell off my bed 20 times and my head ended up at the end off the bed only 10 times! I'm a perfectly good sleeper!

"Are you feeling ok now?", I jump when a gentle voice rings through the living room I just entered. I look back over my shoulder, my hand over my heart, and see Leo's mother lean out of a space in the wall that I didn't see there before. I'm guessing it leads to the kitchen from the apron that was tied around her torso.

"Yes, thank you for helping me", I smile.

"Anytime, dear", she smiles back , showing off her pearly whites " The first time you came here I acted like you were a stranger.  I apologize, after hearing about the incident I didn't want to pressure you any way about your memories so I just acted like I never saw you before"

I chuckle softly until something comes to my awareness.  I never really remembered what happened after Leo and I went to find his mother.

"Are you okay?  Your face suddenly fell", Leo's mom looks at me worried.

"Oh, no. I'm fine", I force a smile " There is no need to apologize.  I appreciate that you cared about my well being"

"The last time you came here, you ran out the door upset.  I think it's only fair you stay for dinner"

"I should be getting home-"

"Don't worry, I contacted your parents already"

"Well, then I would love to stay for dinner! Do you need any help?",  I offered.