Chapter Thirty-Five - Gone

~Angel's P.O.V

After school, Leo comes over to my house so that I can hear the exchange that happened between him and Stephanie.  It's pretty obvious who is behind all of this but we still don't know what the secret project is and why he is targeting me mainly.  Leo and I try to come up with some answers but we draw a blank.  Eventually I just fall asleep on the living room couch. 

A dream invades the black space behind my eyelids but it isn't a nightmare.  It's the memory of the first time I met Leo.  The entire occurrence with my teddy ripping and Leo helping happens again but this time it doesn't stop there.  I can hear the faint sound of wailing, just like how it was in the secret lair at Leo's house.  It becomes a little louder when we finally get to Leo's mom who is sitting on one of the park benches. 

"Leo, who's this?", Sandra asks with a bright smile as I shy away behind Leo's small form.

"My new friend", he looks behind his back and smiles at me.  His mother waves at me and I shyly wave back.

"What happened to your teddy bear?", she looks at in concern.

"I was running and fell down so it ripped", I say softly, trying not to cry over my teddy bear again but a tear still runs down my face.  Leo's mom comes closer to me and uses her thumbs to wipe my tears away.

"I'll fix teddy and bring it back for you here tomorrow, okay?", she says before holding out her hand for me to give her the teddy.  The wails become a little louder as I hand over the teddy.  I feel someone's eyes on me and look to my left to see him staring at me from a few feet away, with glowing blue eyes.  The wailing grows so loud that my ears feel like they are going to bleed. 

I cry out as I cover my ears, feeling a headache coming on.  I open my eyes, the sunlight causing my head to hurt even more.  I groan as I carefully sit up in the couch, my body aching as well from sleeping in the small space.  I feel someone shift beside and see that Leo is sleeping,  he must have fallen asleep with me.  I straighten my glasses on my nose after forgetting to take them off.  I check the time on my phone and see that it is 4:30 a.m so I start to shake Leo to wake him up.  He slowly sits up in the couch and realizes that he's not at home.

"I better get going", he says before getting up off the couch and collecting his stuff.

"See ya later", I say softly, rubbing my temples hoping that my headache would lessen.

"Are you okay?", Leo looks at me with concern.

"I'm fine, I just have a little headache"

"You have anything to take for it? I'll get it for you"

"There should be something in the kitchen, check the top cabinets"

"Okay", he leaves the room.  I lay back down, letting out a soft groan.  Talk about dream after effects.  I lift my leg and let it hang over the top of the couch, trying to get somewhat comfortable.  After a few more minutes Leo returns with nothing causing me to look up at him with disappointment.

"Nothing?", I ask quietly.  Leo shakes his head sadly. 

"I'll pick up something for you on the way to school.  Are you going to school?"

"Yeah, I have a test"

"Are you sure? You look like you're going to die"

"I'm fine"

"If you say so.  I'll go home and get ready then come back and pick you up , okay?"

"Okay"

Leo then gives me a gentle kiss on my forehead before leaving.  My stomach starts to flutter with butterflies and my forehead tingles as I smile slightly.  I get up and start to get ready for school.  By the time Leo gets back to take me to school, I don't know if going to school is a good idea anymore.  My head hurts so bad that it feels like it's going to burst and I'm even feeling a little nauseous.