Chapter 27

"Sorry for being a little late to breakfast." I said as Megan and I walked into the kitchen.

My dad was sitting at the table with Sierra and Monica, and also at the table were two older people who looked like they were in there sixties.

"It's fine, were glad you have finally joined us." My dad said as he gave me a warm smile.

I returned the smile and Megan and I sat down next to each other. "Who are they?" Megan asked as she leaned over and whispered into my ear.

"I'm not sure. They probably work with my dad." I whispered back.

"So, you are probably wondering who they are." Monica smiled as she set her wine glass filled with ice-cold water back down on the table, "Chelsea, Sierra... Chelsea's friend." Monica said, hesitating when she was talking about Megan.

"Megan." My dad whispered before he took a sip of his water.

"Megan." Monica said, correcting herself, "I would like you all to meet my parents!" She smiled.

"Parents?" I thought, almost choking on my water that I was drinking at the time that she said it.

Megan smiled like she always does, and Sierra looked like she didn't care. Which honestly, neither did I, although it was pretty weird they were here, since it was random.

"They flew in all the way from Florida!" My dad said, trying to make Sierra and I more interested, "you girls love Florida!"

I gave a forced smile and looked at Monica's parents who were staring at me. Then I looked over at Megan who was now looking down at her empty white plate.

"I think breakfast is ready." My dad said as he pushed his chair back and stood up, walking to the kitchen.

"I'll go check with him." Monica said as she did the same, following my dad.

I continued to just sit there in the awkward silence, trying to think of something to do that would make this less awkward.

"So we here you're a pretty good soccer player!" Monica's dad said to me.

"Um, yeah, I guess I really like the sport, sadly I do not play anymore." I said, trying to be as pleasant as possible.

"Well that is too bad, why not?" He asked, with a confused look on his face.

"I've kind of became interested in other things." I said, not wanting to go into any detail.

"After your family was moved all the way to England for your summer, just so you could play soccer?" Monica's mom cut in with a sharp tone.

"Judy." Monica's dad said, giving Monica's mother, who I guess must be 'Judy' a stern look of disapproval.

"My apologizes, I didn't mean it in a mean way." She said, as she gave Monica's dad a stern stare before folding her hands in her lap and staring at them.

I stayed silent, and so did everyone else. I think we were just all hoping my dad and Monica would return to make this all less awkward for all of us.

"Breakfast is ready." Our one cook said as he set a ton of breakfast foods all across the table.

They continued to set all the food and juices down until the whole table was filled with breakfast foods.

"It looks delicious!" Monica smiled as she grabbed a piece of bacon. "The cooks here are absolutely marvelous!"

Monica's mom snickered with Monica when she made the comment about the cooks.

"So Michael," Monica's mother, Judy said to my dad, causing him to look up from his plate, "what are your plans."