Chapter 23

I had to do something to get my mind off of the hectic day i have had today, so i went to get ice cream after i got all of my stuff out of Megan's house.

After i ordered my double scoop chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone i also ordered a double scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone. I normally only get one scoop, but after the day I've had, i felt two scoops was needed.

My phone started to buzz in my back pocket as i got into my car and sat the two ice creams up in the cup holder - hoping they would stay upright - and pulled my phone out. It was my dad calling.

I swiped to answer and put the phone to my ear, "Hi dad."

"Chelsea, is everything okay?" My dad asked as i started my car and left the ice cream place.

"Um, yeah i'm fine... why?" I asked.

"Just making sure." He said as i took a right onto the main road. "So if you would like to come over right now, you can ride to the dress shop with them, unless you would prefer to ride alone."

"I'm on my way." I was planning on going to my dads anyways, so that i could give Sierra her ice cream, because i wanted to make her happy again.

"Great. See you soon." He said.

"See you soon." I responded before he hung up and i set my phone down in my lap.

-

I turned my car off and grabbed the semi-melted ice cream that i had bought Sierra. I grabbed my keys out of the ignition and opened my car door. As i walked up to the house the front door swung open.

"CHELSEA!" Sierra screamed as she ran up to me.

"Hey! I brought you something!" I said as i handed her the ice cream.

"My favorite!" She giggled as took the ice cream out of my hand and hugged me.

"I know!" I said, laughing.

"Thank you for coming!" Sierra said as we walked to the front door.

"Of course, i've missed you!" I said as we entered the house.

I missed home, and i probably should ask if i can move back in, since i don't really have any place to live right now. But if push comes to shove, i can just sleep in my car for a little while.

"Chelsea, you made it!" My dad smiled, i never really see him smile anymore, he used to smile all the time.

"Hi dad." I said as i waved to the cook who was making something in the kitchen.

"Monica will be down in a second." He said.

"Um dad." I said, nervous.

"Yes, Chelsea?" He asked.

I stuck both of my hands in my back pockets, "Can i talk to you for a second? In private?"

"Yeah sure, come down to my office." He said as i started to follow him down the long hallway to the last door on the right.

I looked back at Sierra and she had a worried look on her face. I just gave her a small smile. I then walked into my dad's office, and he shut the door behind us. "So what's up?" He asked as he sat down in his chair.

"I um... I um... I was wondering if i could maybe move back in?" I said, shaking.

"Of course!" He smiled, "I have wanted you to move back in, but i was worried you didn't want to."

"Yeah, Megan and i are not really getting along right now." I said, trying to not think about Megan.

"Michael, is Chelsea here yet?" I heard a voice say from outside the door.