Chapter 13

Sierra and I walked up to the front door, I could feel my heart pounding like it was about to fall out of my chest, and my whole body was shaking like a leaf.

I knocked on the door two times, then stepped back with Sierra and waited.

"I'll get it!" I heard a voice say from the other side of the door.

Shortly after the voice shouted from the other side of the door, the door swung open, and behind it was a smiling Romeo Beckham.

"You made it!" Romeo smiled, "come in!" He said, stepping to the side of the door so we could both come in.

"Thank you!" I said, smiling and walking in with Sierra right behind me. "Stay calm." I whispered to Sierra as we stood there by Romeo, just looking into the kitchen where the rest of the family except Brooklyn and Cruz were.

"Oh!" Victoria shouted from the kitchen as she looked up from making the salad and noticed Sierra and I standing there. "Come in, you can have a seat if you would like!"

Sierra and I walked in and had a seat at their long wooden dining room table.

I heard footsteps running down the hallway into the kitchen. When I looked into the doorway I saw Cruz and a little girl with blonde hair.

"Chelsea!" Cruz said once he saw me.

"Cruz, hey!" I said, standing up out of the chair and walking towards him.

I gave Cruz a hug and looked at the cute little blonde girl standing next to him. "This must be your little sister!" I said, smiling.

"Yeah, her names Harper." He said, as the little girl smiled at me.

"Aw, hi cutie!" I said, as she did a cute little kid giggle.

"Hi." She said, acting kind of shy with her hands folded together.

"She acts shy, but she's not really that shy once you get to know her." Romeo said, messing up his little sisters hair with his hand.

"Romeo!" She said, hitting his hand.

I just laughed as Romeo smiled at me and walked away.

"Dinners ready!" Victoria said from behind us. I turned and saw her setting a salad next to the chicken on the table.

"Sit next to me?" Cruz asked, grabbing my hand.

"Of course!" I said, smiling at him as we walked over to the table.

I took my seat. Sierra was on my left, and Cruz was on my right. Across from me sat Romeo.

"Well, we have a surprise for Chelsea and Sierra." Victoria said, standing up at the table looking at all of us as we sat.

I looked around at the whole Beckham family and Sierra sitting around the table, it took my breath away thinking about the last time I sat at a table with a family.

*Flashback*

"Chelsea, can you grab the serving spoon out if the drawer please?" My mom asked as she set the salad on our dining room table.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled as I opened the drawer and grabbed the wooden spoon.

"Chelsea!" My dad said, walking through the front door, holding hands with my nine year old sister, Sierra.

"Dad!" I ran up and hugged him as he held a bag from the mall.

"Hey, Chels!" He said, picking me up and squeezing me before setting me back down.

"Michael, dinners ready." My mom said, her voice sounded really cold, not like how she normally would sound. She was normally so perky and happy.

"Are you and mom okay, dad?" I asked, looking up at him with my little blue twelve year old eyes.

"Um, yes sweetie." He said as he scratched the back of his neck, "were fine."

"Please come and eat dinner." My mom said, clenching her teeth as she sat at the table by herself.

We all walked over to the kitchen table and sat down.

"Dad it's 8, why are you home from work so late?" I asked as I put some salad on my plate.

"Um, I was just picking up your gift." My dad said, talking about the bag from the mall.

My mom slammed her silverware down on her plate, making a loud clatter noise. "Everyday it's a different excuse with you, Michael!" My mom practically yelled as she stood up and threw her napkin on the table.

"Mom!" I said, standing up and going to follow her as she walked away to her bedroom.

"Let her go, Chelsea." My dad said.

*end of flashback*

"Chelsea, Chelsea can you hear us?" A foggy voice said, finally knocking me out of my thoughts.

My blurry vision cleared up and I saw all of the Beckham family huddled around me, and my dad standing in front of me on the opposite side of the table.

"Dad?" I said, rubbing my eyes, just to make sure he was actually there. He was.

"Chelsea!" He smiled.

I looked around at all of the Beckham's and Sierra staring at me. "What happened?" I asked.

"You just were zoned out completely." David said, "we were kind of worried."

"How long was I zoned out?" I asked.

"Just nine minutes." My dad said, shrugging.

I stood up and ran over to him, spreading out my arms and giving him a huge hug. I took in the smell of his cologne I bought him every Christmas and smiled while my head was against his chest, feeling his heart beat.

"How? Why?" I asked, confused as I pulled away from the hug.

"I'm on vacation for a little while thanks to the Beckham family, and because I have some huge news to tell you." He said, shaking me by my shoulders with his large hands, "well, I already told you once, but you were zoned out." He laughed.

"Sorry!" I frowned, "say it again!"

"Sierra would you like to tell her this time?" My dad asked her, I turned around and looked at Sierra.

"Dad's getting married!" She practically shouted and squealed.

My huge smile fell quicker than my GPA during school, I turned back to my dad with a hurt look on my face, "what?" I said, looking him in the eyes.

He looked back at my tear-filled eyes, "okay... Not the reaction I was expecting." He frowned.

"dad, can I please speak to you... In private?" I asked, he could tell by the tone of my voice it was urgent.

"How about we all go start a movie?" Victoria asked as they all got up and walked out of the kitchen/dining room which was all connected together.

"Chelsea what was that about?" My dad asked.

"Dad, sit down." I said, gesturing for him to sit down at the wooden dining room table we were just eating at. "What really was going on with you and mom?" I asked, as I stared into his deep blue eyes.

He took a deep breath in, "Chelsea."