Chapter 15

"Good morning, miss Chelsea. How are you doing this morning?" A lady said, opening the large curtains, letting bright light shine directly into my face.

I covered my whole face with my hand, trying to avoid looking at the sun so I don't lose my eyesight, "um, no... I'm fine. Thank you." I said in my morning voice that made me sound like I had a frog lodged in my throat.

"Let me know if you need anything, breakfast is downstairs." She said, continuing to open my curtains.

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute." I said turning over on my bed and laying down again.

She walked out of my room and I groaned when I heard my phone beep from the nightstand. I turned over and looked at my phone, it was a text from my best friend Megan.

Megan:

"Coming home from airport today... Meet me there? Miss you!

-Megs"

I smiled at her text, she has been gone for so long, I've missed her. I quickly responded back:

"Miss you too, Megan! I'll definitely be there, what time? We have so much to catch up on!

Xoxo, Chels"

I hit send and sat up in my bed, taking in the fresh air from the open window and the light hitting my skin from the sun.

I got up and walked to the mirror, my clothes were so big on me. I rubbed my eyes after yawning and looked in the mirror again, wait. These aren't my clothes, they're Romeo's.

I tilted my head looking at the large clothes I was wearing in the mirror until my phone beeped again, meaning I got another text from someone.

I grabbed my phone off of the king-sized bed and looked at who it was from. Sierra.

Sierra:

"Hey, Chels. Are you coming home or picking up your clothes? Dad's not home until 2. Love you & miss you."

I felt bad for just leaving my sister with my dad, I was suppose to always be there for her since my mom can't, and right now I wasn't there for her.

"Love and miss you too, Sierra. Be there in 15."

I pressed send and took Romeo's old soccer clothes off and put on my clothes from last night.

I looked in the mirror and brushed out my hair and played with it a little before walking out of the room with my phone and Romeo's clothes in my hands.

I walked next door to his room and knocked twice on it.

"I'm coming." A sleepy voice said from the other side of the door. Then Romeo opened it, shirtless and in nike sweatpants. "Oh, Chelsea, hey." He said, looking a little embarrassed.

"I just wanted to give you these back and say thank you before I left." I said, handing back his clothes.

"Oh, you're leaving?" He asked, taking the clothes back and giving me a confused look.

"Um, yeah. It was really nice but I can't stay any longer." I said, giving a fake reassuring smile.

"Are you going back to your dad's?" He asked, his expression changed from confused to concerned.

I thought for a second, what was I going to do? Go back to my dad's? Then I remembered about meeting Megan at the airport, "no, I'm actually going to my best friend, Megan's." I smiled.

"Oh, that's nice, text me and keep me updated so I know you're okay, please." He smiled.

"Yeah, of course." I said smiling at walking away.