Marcus almost dropped his Herbology book and took in a breath. He was never going to see the light of day again.

McGonagall and Dumbledore would fight to the end of time to bring Potter justice. She was their favorite and it didn't help to have Snape possibly on their side too.

Dumbledore looked down at him through his half moon spectacles and his blue eyes did not have any trace of the sparkle that was usually there. "Take a seat, Mr. Flint,"

Marcus nodded and took a seat, knowing this was not going anywhere good because Dumbledore called him by his last name. You knew he was being friendly if he addressed you by your first name and right now, that was not the case.

"I want you to explain to me the events of what happened yesterday from your perspective," Dumbledore stated in a broad and monotone voice, one that Marcus had never heard before and it was kind of freaking him out a bit.

People were afraid of Dumbledore even when he was the kindest man in the world. He couldn't imagine how people would feel when he suddenly turned not so kind.

Marcus opened his mouth but closed it. Completely torn with wanting to get out of this alive, but also wanting to protect Montague. Even if he didn't converse with him much, he still was not a snitch. His parents would surely Crucio him if they found out he was expelled from Hogwarts. But then another thought crossed his mind. His father always wanted him to attend Durmstrang so maybe if he was expelled, his father could be internally pleased.

Marcus decided to to become a Gryffindor for the only time in his life and use any ounce of bravery he was given. "I did it, Professor. There's nothing else to say,"

He was going to cover up for Montague. Everything would be ruined anyway, whether he was guilty or not. Samantha would never believe nor forgive him and he couldn't face her if she was feeling like this towards him. The whole school, except for a select few Slytherins would hate him and possibly harm him and he didn't want to deal with people he didn't know and felt weren't worth his time.

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow in confusion. He expected Marcus to somewhat fight his case but he wasn't. He was looking at him with a blank expression and emptiness in his eyes. Even him being able read people was not useful in this situation. Dumbledore was getting nothing from Marcus Flint, and that was almost worrying him.

"Nothing?" Dumbledore clarified.

"Nothing," Marcus reiterated.

Dumbledore took a breath and nodded slowly. "I see, so what do you think we should do about this?"

Marcus shrugged. "However you see fit, Professor,"

"Previous acts like these have ended up in expulsion I want you to know," Dumbledore spoke, his voice laced with concern. He really didn't want to expel Marcus and wanted him to ask for a compromise but he wasn't going to fight for his survival then why should Dumbledore have to.

"I'm well aware,"

That caught Professor Snape's attention. Surely Flint didn't want to be expelled. Surely he didn't do this on purpose to leave Hogwarts. Severus was close to his father Jacob and knew he always wanted Marcus to attend Durmstrang so maybe he thought of this so his son could go to the school of his favor.