The two turned back to the Slytherins and noticed that Marcus was the only one there. The rest of the team was gone and they bet they left in fear of getting in trouble.

Marcus sighed when he realized that his friends left him. Though he was a bit surprised when one friend in particular left his side. He knew they wouldn't want to stay and wanted to save their own skins but he didn't care. It was his own problem and he had to pay the consequences for what just happened.

One thing that kind of scared him was what Dumbledore was going to say. He's always admired the wise man and his disappointed face was not one he wore around often. Snape he could handle, but not the headmaster.

The twins bore a glare at Marcus and they were still gripping their wands. One thing that shocked them was that Flint didn't have an angry glint in his eyes. He only wore a simple expression that gave off disappointment and blankness.

The two thought he would be breathing heavily and awaiting them to make the first move but he wasn't.

"Curse me. I deserve it," Marcus spoke dropping his wand in the grass. The sleek black stick of pure Ebony with Dragon heart string lay on the ground and stuck behind a small pile of dirt.

As his fingers let go of the wand, the twins stared at it as though it had fallen in slow motion. That was something they had not expected and another thought irked their minds.

Maybe the Flint they always knew had a few more layers beneath the cruel façade. The Flint they had been expecting to face was one who would gladly expect a duel and would probably beat them if he really wanted to. Not someone who had put up the white flag of surrender and fully asked to be cursed.

The Slytherins were never the type to surrender at anything. They may not be the most courageous, but they without a doubt the most determined and would stop at nothing to achieve what they most desired whatever it may be. They survived the longest in duels and during strategy stimulating Wizard's Chess matches.

George watched the way Flint was staring at them. He knew what he had just done but was now regretting it like no tomorrow and wanted to feel pain because he knew he deserved it. The debate of to curse or not to curse was encompassing his mind and he and Fred both knew they had to make a decision soon so they could catch up with Oliver and the girls to see what the verdict was with Samantha.

He knew what his best friend would want. She would want him not to stoop to Marcus' level because then he would be the same as him. The thought of the two even wanting to put him out of his misery just showed how much they care for her and are willing to do for her was enough. They didn't need to fight Flint to achieve her satisfaction.

George didn't quite know if Fred was thinking the same but he decided to assume so. He stepped forward and Marcus didn't move a muscle. "No," George said simply and stuffed his wand back into his Quidditch robes' pocket.

Fred immediately turned his head at his twin and stared at him with wide eyes. "Are you kidding?"

The other twin shook his head. "No I'm not. Samantha wouldn't want us to hurt him no matter what he did. We're not going to be the same as him,"

Fred narrowed his eyes for a moment and the glanced at Flint who had raised an eyebrow at George's actions. He had fully expected him to start using every curse he knew but then after George's speech, he then understood what he was doing. Even if Fred wanted to curse him, Marcus knew he would step down and agree with him.