"Hey! That was one time!" I protested.

"Yeah, and the last! I'm never letting you drive again, let alone take your drivers licence, in case you swerve onto the pavement and crash the car."

Laughing, I grabbed my book from my bag.

"You're seriously kidding me right now?" cried Kylie, sighing, "It's the summer vacation Maddie, put the damn book down!"

"It's just a reading book, butt brain." But I still put it back in my bag. "Hey, you want to go-"

Why did this keep happening to me. Why did I just suddenly stop speaking?

He and a couple other guys were walking over to us. I couldn't help but stare at his toned abs. Not that the others didn't have any.

"Troubles coming." I sighed. At those words, Kylie scrambled up on her seat a little, stroking a hand through her dyed hair and bending one of her knees on the long chair.

I quickly grabbed my phone and headphones, pushing one of the buds in my ear, closing my eyes.

"Hey, ladies." Nick joked in front of us. I quickly opened my eyes, looking over at Kylie, who was obviously blushing.

"You guys wanna join us in the water?" Zac gestured behind him, smirking at me.

"No, thanks-"

"We were just going to, anyway!" Kylie cut me off, slowly getting up. I knew that trick. I taught it to her when we were in ninth grade. You got up slowly so that the boys took longer time staring at you in your bikini.

I grumbled quietly, ripping the bud out of my ear and quickly getting off of the chair, before anyone noticed.

We all started heading towards the peaceful water, and as we did, Nick came around next to me.

"How ya doing?" he asked. I didn't get why he wasted his time on me.

"I'm, fine," I managed before holding my arms across my chest.

"Why are you so..... uncomfortable?" He spoke, looking at me with a warm smile on his face. I was being stupid.

"I don't feel uncomfortable! I just had a rough morning." I covered up. He responded with a bigger smile, then hung his arm around my shoulders.

Once we made contact with the refreshing water, I felt my shoulders relax.

I had grown up next to the beach. Kylie and I loved to surf, and we came whenever the weather.

My thoughts were interrupted by a cold spray of water hitting my back.

"Hey!" I turned to face a smirking Zac. I splashed him back, soon starting a small war between everyone.

We couldn't stop laughing after a tall, tanned, blonde friend of theirs, called Alex, fell over, onto the sea bed.

I didn't even realise that Grayson was in the midst of this all.

While I was laughing, a pair of strong arms grabbed me from behind, picking me up and twirling me around by my waist.

When I was set down, i turned immediately, revealing Nick.