Chapter 19: Out of It

CHAPTER 19

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear One Direction! Happy birthday to you!" Ash, Taylor, and I started singing very loudly. Taylor and I woke up early this morning and came up with the plan to surprise the boys with a birthday cake to celebrate their four years of being One Direction. We called up Ash and had him bring the cake.

The boys slowly woke up and their faces lit up when they saw the three of us in the kitchen with a cake on the table.

"Is this for us?" Louis asked excitedly.

"Who else?" I asked smiling.

"Picture!" Taylor shouted grabbing out her phone. "You boys first."

"We're shirtless and in sweats," Louis said laughingly.

"Who cares?!" Taylor replied. "Girls will swoon when they see this all over the Internet." So the boys crowded around the cake and took their picture.

"Join us in the picture," Harry said gesturing over to Ash, Taylor, and I.

"But this is all about you guys," I said.

"Well you guys brought the cake," Niall said already looking ready to eat it. "C'mon so we can it!"

"You guys go," Ash, said taking Taylor's phone. "You guys know them better than I do and spend more time with them anyways," he said with a small smile. Taylor and I agreed and joined the boys. Louis, Liam, and Niall were kneeling on the ground closest to the table while Taylor, Harry, Zayn, and I were standing behind them. This suddenly reminded me of my Sweet 16Birthday Party, where Niall shoved my face into my birthday cake when my mom was taking a picture of the cake and me. Oh what an idea I just got.

"Ok ready? One... Two... Three!" On the count of three, I shoved Niall's face into the cake. Everyone was surprised at first but they all slowly started to laugh.

"Oi! Wha- Who?" Niall asked getting up and turning to the rest of us. Everyone instantly pointed to me.

"Payback for what you did to me at my 16th birthday party," I said trying not to laugh. It was then that Niall formed a big grin on his face, but at the same time he was inching closer and closer to me with his arms wide open, his face covered in cake frosting.

"Oh no you don't," I said backing away.

"Oh c'mon! I just want to give you a thank you hug," he said taking bigger steps towards me.

"Yeah, I'll hug you when you're not covered in frosting," I said trying to get further away from him.

"But where's the fun in that?" And before you knew it, we both started making a run for it, me trying to get the furthest away possible from him while he was trying to get to me. Well I failed because in a matter of seconds I felt Niall grab a hold of me. He then turned me around and gave me a hug, rubbing his frosting covered face onto mines.

"Ewwww this is so gross," I said refusing to wrap my arms around him.

"You can't resist the Horan hug," he said finally letting me go. I looked at everyone else and they were all just laughing at us.

"Ok, ok you guys get cleaned up while we clean things up here and cut the cake," Taylor said pushing both Niall and I towards the bathroom. Niall closed the door behind us as I grabbed the paper towels.

"I cannot believe you did that," Niall said while still laughing.

"It had to be done," I said laughing as well. "It was the perfect opportunity to get you back."