Chapter 15: Friends

CHAPTER 15

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

I woke up and I could feel the dried up tears stained on my face. I think my cheeks were still a little puffy and my eyes had been struggling to keep open because of the dried up tears. My apartment was just completely quiet. But you could still feel the tension. Or was that because of my own thinking?

I slowly went to my door and opened it. It looked like everyone was gone. But as I went to my living room I saw familiar faces sleeping on the couches. Taylor was curled up into one and my other one had Louis? I was about to wake up Taylor but she started moving and woke up on her own.

"Oh Janelle hey," she said finding me standing in front of her. "How are you feeling?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

"What is Louis doing here?" I asked pointing to him and as if on cue he started waking up.

"Harry thought it would be best," she said.

"Good morning girls," Louis said giving us a small smile.

"Morning," I said quietly. There was just this eerie silence for a few moments. Nobody knew what to say, how to act.

"Janelle..." Taylor said catching my attention. "Can you explain to me all of this?" And I knew exactly what she was talking about. I looked over at Louis and he gave me a small nod, encouraging me to tell her everything. I guess this was the time.

"It all started about nine years ago when I was assigned the seat next to Niall Horan in class..." And that's where my story began. For the next hour or so, I just poured my life story out to her. How I was best friends with Niall, how we started dating, how we fell apart, and how I ended up here. Of course that included.... Aaron too. I told her about the case, how he always wanted to get back together with me, the stalking, how he kidnapped me, Mark, Ashley, and his very own death in front of my eyes in my very room. Reliving all of those memories in my head brought a numbing to my heart. I couldn't cry. I was just angry.

"And now here I am," I said looking back up to meet Taylor's eyes. She had been crying. Tears were running down her face and her hand covered her mouth.

"Oh my god," Taylor said before taking me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I don't need your pity Taylor," I said chuckling returning the hug. "I'm fine now."

"Are you really Janelle?" she asked pulling away and looking me in the eyes now. I took a moment and I just looked down to my hand and started picking at my nails.

"Can you tell me what happened last night?" Louis asked directing to me, and I nodded my head.

"I came home from work and I saw Harry and Niall sitting outside my door. They wanted a movie night with me so I let them stay. After watching Paranormal Activity 2, Taylor joined us and we watched Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. When that ended, we were going to watch Grown Ups but we got hungry. Harry suggested ice cream and Taylor went with him to go get some, leaving Niall and me alone. We started talking and long story short, we kissed. I kissed him back and that's when Ash came through the door. He saw us and I made a run for it to my room and stayed there the rest of the night." I looked up at Louis' eyes and he had that concerned look on his face. "What did I do Louis?" And that was when I started crying again. He rushed over to me and started comforting me. Taylor made a run to the bathroom and grabbed the tissue box.

"Well I know one thing," Louis said getting out of the hug to get a look at me. "There's no hiding from this. You have to face what happened last night. That means you're gonna have to face Niall and this Ash guy. Who is this Ash guy may I ask?"