Chapter 12: Niall Invasion

CHAPTER 12

*Janelle's P.O.V*

"Janelle?" someone asked as I came back inside. I looked up and there was Paul, Simon, and Lou.

"Um... hi?" I said nervously. Next thing you know, Lou and Paul are running up to me.

"H-How? W-What are you doing here?" Lou asked.

"I kind of took the boys around today," I said still nervous.

"That's how you guys got around today?" Paul asked turning to the boys, and they all nodded. "So does that mean everything is ok between you guys?" And it was in that moment that I heard the balcony door close. I look behind me and Niall starts walking over to where I assume his room is.

"Um... Not exactly, but I guess you can call it a step," I said looking back at Paul.

"Well it's better than no step," Lou said engulfing me in a hug. When she finally let go there was just an awkward silence in the room. They kind of glanced at each other almost as if they were asking each other telepathically who was going to say something first. I guess that'll be me.

"So Simon," I said filling the silence, "Paul told me that you discovered me?"

"Ah yes. One of my colleagues had sent me a video of who he thought should be the next star. I opened it and I was surprised to find that it was you. I never knew you had that in you, Janelle," he said.

"I can't be that good to have the Simon Cowell compliment me," I said chuckling.

"But you're amazing Janelly," Louis said.

"Incredible," Zayn popped in saying.

"You guys are all very funny," I said taking a seat on the couch.

"How about you play and sing for us right now and we'll tell you our honest opinions then," Simon suggested.

"I vote yes!" Louis shouted.

"Close up performance from Janelle? I'm in. You are seriously awesome, Janelle," Liam said taking a seat next to me.

"But I don't have my guitar," I said laughingly. "Get me a guitar and I'll sing and play for you guys," I said laying back.

"Good thing Nialler has his!" Louis shouted. My eyes immediately wide. Before I knew it, Louis went running off to go get it. He ran into Niall's room and I heard some shuffling.

"Louis, what the heck are you doing?" We heard Niall say.

"Where's your guitar?" Louis asked.

"In the corner. Why do you need it? Please don't tell me you're gonna just start playing random things because my ears almost bled the last time you did that."

"No silly. Janelle is gonna sing for us." Louis came running back with the guitar in his hands placing it on my lap. "There you go," he said happily. Oh great. I got off the couch and decided to sit on the coffee table to face everybody.

"So what do you guys want me to sing then?" I asked letting myself get comfortable. It was then that I noticed this wasn't just an ordinary guitar. This was the guitar I gave Niall for Christmas three years ago. He still held on to it? I heard a door close off in the distance, I look up and I see Niall walk in to join us, leaning himself up against the wall.

"How about Just Give Me A Reason?" Harry asked.

"Ok," I said preparing myself mentally. I started playing and I already found myself getting lost in the song.