Chapter 10: Get Out

CHAPTER 10

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

"Hi Janelle," said Niall.

"N-Niall," was all that came out before I shut the door. I collapsed on the ground, my back against the door, and all the memories came flooding back. It was too much. Instantly I started sobbing. He can't come back into my life. He can't.

"Janelle, please talk to me..." I heard Niall say through the door. "Please... I need to talk to you..." But I just sat there crying. And then I remembered Taylor. I immediately ran to my phone and texted Taylor that I'll make up the movie night another time. I sat on the couch and just stared at the door.

"Janelle, I need you... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I heard Niall say. I decided to text the one person I could really talk to this about.

Louis, Niall is at my door... – Janelly x

I was just about to warn you about that... when I came back, the rest of the boys had told me he was going to try to talk to you –LouBear x

How does he know where I live? – Janelly x

He followed me last night to your place –LouBear x

Great. Another stalker on my hands.

You have to talk to him someday Janelly –LouBear x

No I don't – Janelly x

He's not going to leave, Janelle. Now that he's found you. He's not giving up to have you back into his life again. He really does love you, Janelle. – LouBear x

I laugh at the word now. Love. What a stupid word. I decided it would be best to go to sleep. I don't care if Niall is in the hallway. I don't care that he wants to talk to me. I don't want to talk to him. I don't want him back into my life.

**********

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I fell asleep in the hallway. I am not giving up on Janelle that easily. I woke up, looked around, and found a note:

Door is open. Clean up. I expect you gone when I come back from work.

I am not leaving Janelle. But thanks. I got up and opened her door to her apartment. She had a nice place. It wasn't big, but it was big enough for her. I looked around the apartment and I became proud. I was proud of what she was able to do for herself in these past three years.

Throughout the day, all I did was just hang around Janelle's place. I watched some TV, ordered some food. I had Louis drop off some clothes for me. We had a short talk. He told me all about his day with Janelle yesterday. He told me how happy Janelle was. But he also told me about her breakdown yesterday morning. She doesn't believe in love anymore. And I was the reason for that. I need to fix that. I need to repair the damage that I've done.

I looked at the clock and it was already nearing six in the evening. I wonder how long Janelle works a day. I might as well take a shower to fill in the time.

**********

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

I looked at my watch and it was a little past 6. I was riding up the elevator, ready to just shower and relax for the rest of the night, hoping that at the same time Niall was gone. The elevators door opened and there was no Niall in the hallway. That's good. I opened my door and it was quiet. Ok good. He left.

I went to put my stuff down on the dining table, and decided on getting myself some juice from the fridge first. I closed the fridge door and then turned around to come face to face with Niall. In only his boxers. Instantly I spit my juice out from my mouth.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," Niall said running over and grabbing some paper towels to clean up the mess.

"What are you doing here?" I asked just staring at him. "On the note I specifically said to be gone when I came back from work!"

"I'm not leaving Janelle," he said finishing up from cleaning my spill. "Look, I'm going to put some clothes on and then can we please talk?" I said nothing. So Niall hurried off to go put some clothes on.

"Ok," Niall said rushing over. "Janelle, I-"

"Leave," I said cutting him off.

"What?" Niall asked.

"I said leave," I said looking straight into his eyes. I went up to the door and opened it, gesturing for him to really get out. I saw Niall's face and his first reaction was surprised, but then I saw it calm down and next he had a determined look on his face.

"I'm not leaving without talking to you Janelle," he said getting up and walking over to me.

"Fine. You want to talk? Then let's talk," I said slamming the door shut. "What do you want to say Niall? That you're sorry? That you want me back in your life?"

"Yes, Janelle. I'm sorry. These past three and a half years, there hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about you. I wondered where you were, how you were doing, what kind of life you were having. After you left, I went searching for you. We all went searching for you. For the first few months, I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I wanted you back Janelle," he said towering over me.

"Well guess what. I don't want you back, Niall. When I left, I was happy to get away from all of you, to get away from especially you. The person I knew for six years turned out to be a fake. You constantly lied to me! You dated my sister! And then you dated me? You're a sick bastard," I said walking away from him.

"I was hurt Janelle! I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend, but Aaron beat me to it," he said following after me.

"So what? You thought that by dating my sister, you would get to me? That's even more sick, Niall."

"The night you called me to tell me that Aaron asked you to be his girlfriend, during the call I was already walking over to your house to ask you to be my girlfriend since my original plan to ask you while we were to walk home that day backfired. But when you told me that he already asked you, I sat on the stairs of your front porch and felt hurt. CeCe saw me outside and came outside to comfort me."

"You're sick Niall," I said turning around to face him. "So tell me. How did you guys break up?"

"I realized that I still had feelings for you."

"So you played my sister?" I asked laughing. "You are horrible."

"I know! I realize that! I realize how horrible that was of me. I did like your sister though, Janelle. But then I saw it as only a way for me to help me get past the feelings I had for you. When I realized that I wouldn't get over you, I knew right away to break it off. CeCe understood. She took it better then I actually thought. Janelle, I'm sorry," he said trying to grab a hold on my hand.

"It still doesn't explain why you didn't tell me about my dad! It still doesn't explain why you didn't tell me that you slept with Ashley!" I shouted, yanking my hand away.

"Janelle, I'm sorry. I realized that I failed as a best friend and boyfriend. But please give me another chance. I need you in my life. I still love you," he said coming closer to me.

"No!" I said pushing him away. "You don't get to say that you love me! Look what you did to me?!" I shouted louder. I felt the tears coming out of my eyes again. "You broke me! Because of you, I don't believe in love anymore! You were everything to me, Niall, and you screwed it up! You screwed up big time. You ruined my life! Because of you, I have a hard time trusting people! I hardly let anyone into my life nowadays! So get out of my life Niall!"

"Janelle... please," Niall said in almost a whisper. I looked at him, and he was tearing up as well. I walked to the door and reopened it. "Janelle, please don't kick me out."

"Get out Niall," I said not looking at him.

"No. I am not leaving."

"GET OUT!" I shouted, more tears coming out. In the corner of my eye I saw him flinch. He finally walked out and I shut the door behind him.

"I'll be back Janelle. I am not giving up on us," I heard him say on the other side of the door. And for the second night in a row, I collapsed on the ground and sobbed.