Chapter 5: No

CHAPTER 5

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

A few days have passed by and I still have no idea who this special guest is, nobody does. Me, Taylor, Jeff, everyone was on the lookout, but there was nobody special walking through the doors. Every night I played for about half an hour to 45 minutes. What was weird though was that I felt more nervous than I ever have before. It was like I was going to be... judged.

*Flashback*

"Think about it Janelle," Taylor said plopping down next to me with a bowl of popcorn. "Why else would Arnold have you play the week a special guest is coming? You're finally getting discovered!"

"Oh please," I said turning on the TV. "Arnold told me they couldn't find anyone."

"C'mon Janelle! Maybe word finally got out about this young girl who has the potential to be a star someday, and a record producer is coming your way!"

"I'm not that good, Taylor."

"Yes you are! I just feel it in my gut that someone is coming to see you play," Taylor said stuffing some popcorn in her face.

So I've been paranoid and super nervous since then. I finished my last song of the night, which was Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, and excused myself from the stage.

"Good job Janelle!" Arnold said coming to my side. "The special guest, or guests I should say, loved your performance! They actually want you to serve their table now," Arnold said handing me my apron and notepad already.

"Whoa! Wait. You mean the special guests are here? They were here the whole time I was playing?" I asked stopping us.

"Yeah, they came in right before you started. It's weird. It was supposed to be this one person, but some other two, with one kid, came instead because the one person was busy with something else," Arnold said super fast trying to catch me up on things.

"Can you tell me who these special guests are?" I asked as Arnold started pushing me towards these specials guests again.

"No time! The dinner rush just came in!" Arnold said before we finally stopped. I looked at my notepad and saw that Arnold wrote the table number where these special guests were sitting. It was only a few feet away. I fixed my hair and straightened my apron before making my way towards them. When I reached the table, I didn't even look at them yet because I was taking out a pen to write with.

"Good evening! My name is-"

"Hi Janelle. It's so nice to see you."

I looked up to see who these special guests were and I stood there speechless.

"I can't believe we found you. Everyone misses you so much. You sounded amazing tonight by the way. Sorry Simon couldn't make it. He was supposed to come instead but something in the office went haywire. He's been taking phone calls all day. He wouldn't tell anyone- Janelle are you ok?"

"No..." I said taking a step back and looking at them. Instantly I made a run for it. I went through the kitchen to the outside of the back of the restaurant. "No, no, no, no no..."

All the memories came flooding back. They were not supposed to find me. I thought they never could. Why? My life was going so great without them in the picture. Why did Paul and Lou have to come? And who was that little girl? Must be Lou's daughter. She's adorable. No. Stop. I never wanted them back in my life. They caused so much heartbreak and emotional distress.

"I saw her come outside. Ah! There you are Janelle!" I heard Jeff say opening the back door.

"Thank you so much," I heard Paul say. Shit. They followed me outside.

"Janelle,-" Paul started to say.

"No!" I screamed looking at only Paul. Lou must've stayed behind to watch over her daughter. "How? How did you find me?!"

"Simon did. But trust me when I say that Lou and I had no idea that this new talent that caught Simon's eye was you. Someone recorded you and posted it online. You know Simon. He's always looking for the next big star. I guess it was you," Paul said inching towards me.

"I did everything to keep you guys away! I moved countries! Changed my number! Deleted all of my social media accounts!" I screamed. I started pulling at my hair. Tears were now flowing out of my eyes like rivers. My heart felt completely broken again.

"Janelle, calm down," Paul said coming closer to me.

"No!" I said backing away from him. "I will not calm down! Just stay away from me," I said collapsing on the ground.

"Paul... I think it's best that we go." I turned my head and saw Lou standing near the door with the little girl on her hip. Paul nodded his head.

"Janelle," Paul said turning to me again, "The boys miss you. Niall misses you."

"I don't want to hear about it," I bluntly said.

"He's written songs about you. He still has pictures of you."

"And I don't care," I said looking at them. "Do you want to know what Niall did to me? He played with my heart and ripped it out of my chest. What all of you guys did was tear me apart from the inside out. I never felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself."

"Janelle, we're sorry. We all are," Paul said.

"Enough!" I shouted. Then all of a sudden Lou's daughter started crying.

"Paul, c'mon," Lou said before they left. I turned around and kicked a trashcan. I fixed my hair and wiped my face from the tears before going back into the restaurant. However, things did not end there. When I went back inside the kitchen, all eyes turned to me.

"What was that all about?" Taylor asked being that she was the person nearest to me. I felt the tears coming so I instantly made a run for it. I ran out the kitchen into the restaurant and then out the doors. I continued to run down the street until my legs wore out. I found a bench and continued to cry.

*Harry's P.O.V.*

A few days in Hawaii and Simon was right when he said were landing in paradise. Never did I think we would even set foot here. It was absolutely beautiful. The sun is always out, the people here are so nice, and they have amazing food, or as the people here would call it, ono food.

I decided to take a nice walk down the beach. Paul and Lou left to go somewhere for Simon and the boys were all asleep being that we were out the whole day just looking around the island. With nobody really keeping me in, I thought why not?

The waves had a nice soothing sound and hardly anyone was around. I liked it this way. It was peaceful. I looked out into the ocean and you could see the lights of distant boats out. I looked at the sky and you could see some stars popping through. I looked ahead of me and I saw a girl sitting on a bench sitting all alone.

I went closer to her and noticed that her face was in her hands. I could hear the light sobs and the sniffling.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I asked her. But instead of answering me back she took a quick look and made a run for it. Wait. Janelle?