Chapter 17: Smiles

CHAPTER 17

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

"Alright! Who's ready to head back?" I asked gathering all of my stuff together. Everyone nodded their heads and we were off again. It was only then that I realized that the way back was all up hill. This is going to be the death of me.

About halfway up, I was already done. I was out of breath, a little dizzy, and my legs and thighs were on fire. I took a seat on a nearby stump while everyone regrouped. Once we did, everyone started walking on again. How are they all still standing?

"C'mon," Niall says turning around and crouching down, his back facing me.

"What?" I asked slowly standing up still taking big breaths.

"Janelle, you're already worn out. Just get on," he says turning his head to face me.

"Nah I got this," I said starting to walk off but I got dizzy and had to stop.

"Here, drink some water and I'll piggy you back the rest of the way," Niall says holding a bottle in front of me. I take a sip of water, but still refuse for him to piggyback me.

"I'm too heavy," I say bluntly.

"Are you crazy?" Niall says looking me in the eyes. "Just get on, silly."

"Fine," I say caving in and getting on his back. "Go, my trusty steed!" I shouted. Niall and I both start laughing and we start catching up to the group. Soon enough though we find ourselves passing the rest of the group still laughing and going back to the entrance of the trail. Niall sets me down and we glance at each other and we just start laughing harder.

"Harry! Why didn't you piggyback me?!" Louis shouted as the rest of the group neared us.

"Sorry LouBear," Harry says chuckling.

"Why are you guys laughing so much anyways?" Liam asks smiling at Niall and I. We looked at each other and I honestly had no idea why. I guess it was just out of the fun we were having.

"I'm not really sure, but it was fun riding on his back even if he wasn't exactly sure where to go," I said.

"Hey! Your hair was flying all across my face so you're at fault for that," he said crossing his arms and turning his head away.

"Whatever Nialler," I say sticking my tongue out at him. He sticks his tongue back at me and I look back to the group who has all their eyes on the both of us. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing," Louis says with a small smile.

"Ok who's up for a meal?" Taylor says breaking the awkwardness. Everybody's hand immediately goes up and we were off again.

Taylor, Ash, and I decided to bring the boys to a local mall, to the food court. Louis and Ash decided to get some pizza. Harry, Taylor, Liam, and Zayn decided to get some McDonald's, while Niall and I decided to get Subway.

"Welcome to Subway. What can I get for you?" the worker asked.

"Can I get tuna on Italian bread with no cheese not toasted?" I say moving down the line.

"And for you sir?" The employee said while preparing my sandwich.

"I'll have the Italian BLT on the herbs and cheese, toasted please," Niall said. "I can't believe you still like tuna," he said turning to me with a disgusted look on his face.

"Hey now, just because you don't like tuna doesn't mean I won't. Our taste buds don't have to agree on everything," I say before turning back to the employee to say the vegetables I wanted. "I'll have lettuce, tomato, and cucumber, with salt and pepper."