Chapter 6: Harry's Turn

CHAPTER 6

*Harry's P.O.V.*

I could not sleep at all last night. It kept replaying in my mind over and over again. I knew that was Janelle. There's no way that it couldn't have. Who else would have the eyes I once fell for?

"You're up early," Paul said sitting next to me on the dining table with a bowl of cereal. "Had a long night?"

"You could say that," I said taking a bite out of my cereal.

"What's on your mind?"

"It's nothing important," I said trying to wave it off.

"C'mon. I've known you guys long enough to know that this thing has been keeping you up all night, and I'm a trustworthy guy," Paul said.

"Ok," I said caving in, "This might sound crazy but I think I saw Janelle last night while I was walking on the beach. It's impossible right?" I asked turning to Paul. But instead of answering me back, he continued eating and avoided eye contact. "Paul," I said snapping my fingers to catch his attention. "Right?" All Paul did was sigh. "What do you know Paul?" I asked curiously.

"C'mon Harry. We need to get the boys up. You guys have a meeting with Simon," he said grabbing his bowl and emptying it in the sink.

"No we don't. Simon promised us a vacation. There's no meetings, no interviews, no signings, nothing. Paul spill," I demanded turning to him. He sighed again, but before saying anything he checked up on the other boys probably making sure they weren't awake to hear what he was going to say.

"Lou, Lux, and I... we saw her last night."

"She's here?" I asked surprised. "How did you guys find her?"

"The thing is though we didn't. Simon did," Paul said bringing his gaze from the ground up to me.

"What?" I asked somewhat confused.

"Before we flew out, Simon had told Lou and I that he had found a new talent for the company, and Hawaii was where she was from. He didn't tell us what her name was or what she looked like. Simon was supposed to go visit her last night to see her perform in person, but he got bombarded with calls from work, so he asked us to go instead."

"Where is she? How is she? Did she talk to you guys? When I saw her last night, she was crying," I said fidgeting with my fingers.

"We found her at a restaurant not far from the hotel. But... Harry, when she saw us..." And that was when Paul sighed again, taking a seat at the dining table, burying his face in his hands.

"What happened Paul?" I asked sitting across from him.

"She ran. We followed her to the back of the restaurant and that was when I saw how much we broke her. I saw the hate and disgust in her eyes. She hasn't forgiven us, Harry, and it's hard to say if she ever will." I looked into Paul's eyes and I could see that he was just as sad as us to see Janelle go. To see her again last night, still having the pain we caused, he feels her pain as well. I slowly nodded.

"How was her performance?" I asked out of curiosity.

"She was incredible," Paul said showing a small smile. "I didn't know she had that much talent in her."

"I want to go see her," I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea Harry," Paul replied. "Did you not just hear how much she practically hates us?"

"I don't care. Janelle means a lot to me, to all of us. Now is the chance to get her back, to apologize, to get everything back to the way they were," I said determined. "I miss her and I know you miss her too. Heck Niall misses her the most."