Chapter 18: Present Situation

CHAPTER 18

*Janelle's P.O.V.*

After our (I guess you could call) early dinner, the boys invited us over their hotel room for a sleepover. Taylor had called Arnold, saying that we couldn't make it to work tonight, and somehow it ended up with him giving us the rest of the week as well as next week off. He called it the time off we deserved because of all the hard work we put in over the past couple of years, but also so that we could spend as much time as we could with, as I quote, our "famous pop star best friends that we should introduce him to and bring over to the restaurant some time." Oh, Arnold. Once we were dropped off at the hotel, Aaron said he couldn't stay because he had work early tomorrow morning, so we said our see you laters.

"Alright! Party time!" Louis shouted walking into the hotel room.

"Can we at least shower and change?" Taylor whined plopping down on the couch.

"I second that!" I shouted, plopping down next to her. "But wait. We don't have clothes. We will be right ba-"

"Don't worry about that. You can borrow some of my mines Janelle," Niall said.

"And you can borrow some of mines Taylor," Harry suggested. Taylor and I turned to each other simultaneously and we made this face to each other that was playfully nerve wrecking.

"Thanks," Taylor and I both said turning back to Niall and Harry.

**********

I stood in front of the mirror of the bathroom and took a look at myself. I couldn't help but frown. My cheeks were too puffy for my face. My stomach popped out more than I wanted it to. My body just felt wrongly proportioned. And then I saw the scars. The scars that was invisible to everybody else's eyes but mines. I remember where the bruises were formed: on my face, on my stomach, on my ribs. I remember the pain. They forever scared my heart.

"Janelly! Pizza is here!" Louis shouted knocking on the door. I slipped on Niall's sweats and the shirt he gave me and made my way out to the living room to see everybody already grabbing their slices.

"Jeez couldn't wait I see," I say laughingly taking a plate and grabbing my pizza.

"Sorry you took too long," Niall said already scarfing down on his plate.

"So what movie boys?" Liam asked looking on one of those movies on demand channels.

"Let's watch Avengers!" I shouted seeing it pop up.

"Janelle, this will be your fifth time watching it," Taylor said already sounding like she's going to die if we watch it one more time.

"Hey! When I watched it, it became my most favorite movie of all time and for some reason I just love it even more every time I watch it," I said proudly.

"I didn't watch it yet," Niall said already grabbing his third slice of pizza.

"Yeah I don't think none of us watched it," Zayn said looking around at the boys. "We just never had the time for it."

"Then I insist we watch it for your guys' sake! Trust me, it is so worth watching. My excitement is already building! Liam, play it!" I shouted.

"Alright, alright," Liam said laughingly starting it up.

**********

"Damn," Louis said as Liam turned off the TV once the movie was over.

"That... was... so good," Liam said with his mouth open still facing the screen.