Dinner With the Girlfriend

"So what do you make for dinner when you accidentally invite your dads girlfriend to dinner?" I said walking in the door ,talking to Blaine on my phone.

"Aren't they technically dating, they never said they were official." Blaine said.

I rolled my eyes, "alright Mr.Technical." I strolled through the isles with a basket on my arm.

"Ok what do you usually make?" Blaine asked.

"Whatever's in the fridge." I said picking up a box of pasta.

"Ok... What's your favorite food to cook?" Blaine asked.

I thought for a moment. "Cheesecake."

"Dinner, babe. That does sound really good though." Blaine said.

"Ok umm... Oh Penne Al a Vodka, Fettichini Alfredo.. Yeah those." I said getting hungry.

"Perfect make one of those." Blaine said.

"No." I said putting the pasta back.

"No?" Blaine asked.

"No." I said again.

"Why?" Blaine questioned.

"My mom taught me those, she has to work her way up to those." I said.

"Fine what other things then?" Blaine said.

"I don't know... Lemon chicken?" I said looking over at the meat section of the door.

"That will work." Blaine said.

"Ok I'll make that, I'll get some rice too and season it. What else... Maybe some like pineapples.." I said.

"Wait pineapples." Blaine said confused.

"Oh yeah me and my mom always eat it win chicken.That would be weird for Carole I guess. Salad maybe?" I said.

"That's so weird but cute at the same time." Blaine said.

I smiled at that. "Cute. So what are you up to?" I walked around grabbing all the things I needed.

"Nothing much, my brother is being a pest." Blaine said.

"Ohhh you have a brother?" I said.

"Yeah... He's a pain and he's calling me from his 'acting' commercial." Blaine said annoyed.

"Oh he's showing off." I said.

"As always. God I really hate him." Blaine said.

"Can't wait to meet him." I said laughing.

"I gotta go apparently there's a teacher meeting." Blaine groaned.

"Aw that sucks. Try to survive." I said back getting online to checkout.

"I'll try be at my funeral?" Blaine said.

I laughed again. "Bye I love you."

"Hmm i guess I love you to mi amore." Blaine said.

I laughed ending the call and checking out what I bought. I got my stuff and drive back home making everything.

My dad came home rushing to get on nice cloths. "Kurt?" My dad asked stepping in the kitchen.

I looked at his outfit. A cream button up and black pants. "Keep the pants and wear your blue button up." I said getting back to cooking. My dad nodded and went to change. I continued to cook until the doorbell rang. My dad rushed down. "Good?" He asked me in his new outfit. I smiled and nodded.

He looked around quick "ok clean house, cloths, food, Kurt. We're good." He did his mental checklist and invited the she devil in.

Kurt heard the greetings and the compliment of the house.

"Me and this house would be nothing without Kurt." My dad laughed.

He took her in the kitchen where I was. I paid not attention at first but then my dad spoke up. "Carole this is my son Kurt. Carole this is Kurt." My dad introduced. I have my best smiled and held out my hand.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you I've heard a lot."

"Oh how sweet, your father talks a lot about you too. Whatever your cooking smells amazing!" She said shaking my hand.

"Lemon chicken. Should be ready in a few." I smiled. My dad took Carole in the living room talking some more. I finished cooking and served it on plates.

"Dinner!" I called. They came in and dug in. They talked about a lot of things. I learned a lot about Carole to. She was a nurse and her husband died of an overdose. She has her son Finn and wears too much denim.

She was accepting of me being gay and knew about the bullying from Finn, who apparently felt bad. Yeah ok. My dad of course had to bring up the OCD and she said she loved how organized I was. I'll give her points for that, though I'm not sure what house to put her in yet... Maybe hufflepuff?
She didn't even care about the pineapple.

She was a lovely women and I loved seeing my dad happy like that. She left after we ate and talked long after dinner was done. I was cleaning up the rest of the dishes and stuff. "So Kurt what do you think?" My dad asked hopeful.

"She's nice." I smiled cleaning.

"But?" My dad said feeling something was missing.

"But what?" I asked.

"What's the bad thing about her be honest." My dad said.

"Nothing she's sweet." I said.

"Kurt you can be honest to me I swear." My dad begged.

I took a deep breath and kept cleaning. "Really she's awesome. But... She's not mom."

My dad stood nodding. "I know that. Nothing is going to replace your mom. But she makes me happy, and if she passes your test I know she's worthy." My dad said.

I smiled and put things away. "If I get to help we with a new wardrobe I'll be very happy." I said.

My dad laughed. "You guys can shop and stuff. "Get to know each other better." My dad suggested.

"Maybe..." I said.

My dad hugged me and kissed my head. "Thank you Kurt. Your the best kid ever." He smiled.

I smiled back and he walked out. "Let me know if you need help." He said. I nodded and he went to watch the game.

Carole really was lovely but she want my mom. I needed Blaine to talk to...

A/N
OMG I updated again! Thank you all for the amazing lovely comment they mean the world to me! I can't believe people really like this it's actually crazy.
Stay Strange
Mia🦄