Chapter 42 ♛ Recovery Day

Edmund's Pov
I wake up and my stomach hurts like hell. All I can remember from last night is walking into the bar with Adriana, the rest is a blur.

My eyes slowly adjust to the light and I look around the room and I don't recognize where I am, this is definitely not my apartment. I look around and see cute vintage furniture and mirrors, a lamp and a picture of Adriana and her Mom. This is obviously Adriana's place.

I stand up and my vision gets blurry and I have to sit back down on the bed. I suddenly don't feel well and run to the closest bathroom and throw up. Ugh I hate throwing up. After all said is done, I wash my face and rinse my mouth with water. I open the door revealing Adriana. "Oh I see you're up" she laughs, "yeah what time is it?" I ask.

"Um around 12:30pm" she laughs, "why do you keep laughing?" I ask laughing a bit myself, I just can't help but laugh when she does, even thought u have no idea what she's laughing about.

"Oh it's just y- you're really funny when you're drunk that's all" she laughs and I smile, "there's soup for lunch if you want it" she says and I follow her downstairs.

I walk into her cute kitchen. It's organized and clean. "Wow nice kitchen" I smile sitting down at the table, "I just cleaned it don't get used to it this clean" she says setting a bowl of soup in front of me.

"This is really good" I say devouring the soup like there's no tomorrow, "thanks" she laughs, "it's my mum's recipe."

"So what did I do last night?" I ask not really sure if I want to know, she sits down at the table with me with a bowl of soup too and smiles.

"Well first you thought you were pregnant" she says and I almost choke on my soup.

"I- I what?" I ask wondering if I heard her clearly, "you thought you were pregnant cause your stomach hurt" she laughs.

I hit my forehead against my hand and she laughs, "you were complaining how your mum was going to kill you because you were pregnant and then I had to convince you that you weren't pregnant" she says eating some soup, "anything else?" I ask praying for there not to be.

"Oh yes" she says and I scrunch my nose 'of course there's more' I think to myself, "that's just the beginning" she laughs.

"D- do I want to know?" I ask, "oh definitely it's really funny" she says.

"So after I convinced you that you weren't pregnant I was gonna bring you home but you wouldn't tell me your address because I was a stranger" she says and I can tell she's trying to hold back her laughs, "and you started yelling in the streets that I'm trying to kidnap you and I'm a stranger and you don't know me."

And things only get better from here, note the sarcasm. I apparently also asked her if she liked spoons, I was really sassy, and I was hanging out of a moving! A moving taxi! "I- I'm sorry about all that I-", "no it was hilarious I loved it. I needed a good laugh" she says and I smile.

"Well I'm glad me making a fool of myself amuses you" I say and she laughs. I yawn and rub my eyes, "still tired?" She asks and I nod.

"Go back to sleep then I'll just be down here" she says and I nod.

I walk around the table and lean over her shoulder and kiss her on the cheek and head upstairs back to the bed and I immediately fall asleep again.

A/N- this is SUPER short so I'll have 2 updates today. This is kinda like a filler chapter so yeah! Next update really soon! I want to thank everyone for 27k+ reads on this book, it's crazy!!!!! And thank you for all the votes and comments! They always make my day.

— Brianna🌸