Chapter 38 ♛Who's Edmund?

( Pretend Adriana's wedding ring is the the box thing above)

Adriana's Pov
"Come on Adriana!" My best friend Gloria says, "you need to get out there, meet some guys."

"Gloria I already told you" I say, "I'm not into that right now, I want to focus on my work."

Gloria has been my friend for about a year now, we met in the park and that's how we became friends. She's studying to become a teacher. And she always tries to set me up with guys. I tell her "not right now" but she never listens. I've told her about Edmund but I only said he's a family friend. "Well what about Frank Smith" she says and I shake my head, "Nate Roth?" She asks and I shake my head again.

"How about that Edie guy you told me about that you're just friends with" she says, "Edmund" I correct.

He's kind of my husband, we did get married but I'm not sure if it really counts in this world. I want to tell her, "he's basically my husband but it's complicated because we kind of got married in a magical world called Narnia when we were older. But then when we come back we're young again so we don't know what happened, and we're speared because when we left Narnia we we're together so somehow we will have to find our way back to each other. So I'm married but I'm not and yeah." But instead all I said was, "he's just a friend."

"Are you sureeeee" Gloria smirks and I nod, "y- yes I'm sure" I say.

"Well I have to go meet Ben back at my place" she smiles and picks up her bag and so do I, "alright see you later" I smile and walk back to my apartment.

I unlock the door and set my bag down and take off my coat. I walk to my room and open my drawer and take a small little box out from under my clothes. [Box above^].

I open it and look at my ring from Edmund. I never knew how I still have it, you can't bring things from Narnia into this world, why am I able to bring this ring? I found it in my pocket the day I returned, I went to the shop down the street and found a cute little box for it.

Once in a while I take it out and look at it. I admire the detailed carvings in the ring. There must be something special about this ring, I just don't know the meaning to it. Of course other than it's a wedding ring from a magical place I'll never be able to go back to. I've never showed anyone this ring, not even my mom. I don't think I ever will, there's really no point. I can't say, "hey mom I'm kind of married to this guy named Edmund Pevensie, but I don't know where he is. We met in a land called Narnia and got married when we were older, but here we're still younger. This is the ring." It's all so complicated.

If I told anyone about anything of Narnia they would probably want to bring me to a doctor or something. I just wish I could find Edmund. Somehow I will, I don't exactly know how yet, but I will. I can fight dark mists, giant evil sea serpents, so I can certainly find Edmund.

"Hey Adriana I think I left my-" Gloria says walking into my room. I quickly try and hide the box but she walks up to me and tries to see what it is, "what was that?" She asks.

"Ugh. Nothing" I say hiding it under my legs and showing my empty hands, "see noting."

"Adriana I'm not stupid what was in the box?" She asks and I don't want to tell her and I don't have an excuse right now. "Adriana best friends tell each other everything" she whines. I get it, I should be able to tell my best friend everything, but this, I'm just not sure about.

"Please Adriana I promise I won't say anything" she says and I think about it for a second. I slowly take the box out from under my leg and hold it.

"It's a um...." I pause and open the box, "OH MY GOD ADRIANA! A WEDDING RING! HOW!? WHEN?!" She freaks out.

"Have you been secretly seeing someone behind my back?" She asks, "is that why you say no to every guy!?"

"Glo-", "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING I MEAN!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!" She cuts me off.

She looks at me and by the judgment of her facial expression change she can tell there's more to my story. "It's a little........ Complicated" I say, I still don't know how to say this, "this is um, really, really hard to explain" I say.

She nods and faces me on the bed, and when she does that I know I have her full attention. "Y- you know my.... My book I'm writing for class?" I ask and she nods, "yeah the amazing Narnia thing" she says and I nod.

"Yeah um, there's no easy way to put this. At all. But ugh, it's real" I say and she looks very confused so I explain. "The wardrobe, the magical talking cat, crazy battles, Narnia, it's all real" I say. She's read the book so far, which is up to around where I meet Caspian the second time I went to Narnia.

"H- how?" She asks, "I ugh, I went there" I say and she just stares at me.

"You" you says and I nod, "went to Narnia" she says again, "yes" I say and nod.

"W- w- wait. So all the stuff I read, was real. It happened?" She asks and I nod, "yes I ugh, I'm Ella" I say.

"Wait so you're Ella? You've done everything she's done?" She asks, "yes I just changed the name, everything she's done, I've done."

"What about Thomas? James? Sandra? And Janet?" She asks, "um Thomas is Ed- Edmund" I say and she freaks out.

"S- so you... You and Edmund are married?!" She asks and I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know" I say and she carefully picks up the box off the bed and opens it.

"Oh my god" she whispers, "this is like nothing I've ever seen" she says, "the details are just..."

"Wait so, you believe me?" I ask and she nods, "of course how would you have just randomly made that up? And have so much detail?" She asks, and she has a point.

She puts the ring back in the box and closes it and just stares at me. "So you fought in wars" she says and I nod, "what's it like?" She asks.

"It's honestly scary" I say, "with actual swords" she asks and I nod.

"How big are they?" She asks and I try and hold my hands as close to accurate as possible, "oh my god are they heavy?" She asks and I shrug my shoulder.

"Tell me everything" she smiles and I tell her my story of Narnia. Something I haven't been able to do ever.

Throughout the whole time of me telling her my story through my, not Ella's, eyes her full attention has been on me. For once she's listened to one thing for more than five minutes. "That's crazy!" She says and I nod, "talking animals, crazy beast things, magic..." She says, "yeah I miss it" I say.

"Have you told anyone about this?" She asks and I shake my head, "no, just you" I say and she smiles.

"Well I'm glad. I won't tell anyone" she says and I smile back.

"Thank you" I say, "for what?" She asks.

"Believing."

A/N- I know this is short but I wanted/ needed to update and I couldn't think of anything and yeah. Now her friend knows about Narnia!! Thank you guys for 18.5k+ reads like honestly so so crazy!!! And almost 700 votes, just AHHH!!!! Happy late new year!! I can't explain enough how happy you guys make. I sometimes go through all my comments and just read them and they make my day. A new part should be up soon!

— Brianna🌸