Chapter 1 ♛ A Whole New World

(Lol if you read the chapter title like in Aladdin I love you😂)

Adriana's Pov
I've been walking through the streets of England, I probably shouldn't be given that an arial attack could happen any second. But I have to get home. The streets are completely empty, not a person in sight. Once in a while someone would look out their window and see me. They would look at me like they've just seen a ghost. But it's probably because they think I'm crazy for being out at this time.

I'm passing a line of shops and my house is just a few blocks away from here.

Just then the bomb alarm goes off and the loud siren fills the city.

I run into the closest shop that was open, which happened to be the old book store. I know it's dumb to go inside a building but I'm not going to stay outside, I don't have time to run home, plus there could be a basement or seller I could hide in.

I look around and there's no door to a basement! Then I trip on something.

Once I re-gain my balance I lift up the carpet and there's a handle. I immediately lift it up and it reveals a staircase going down and I run down and close the door behind me.

I try to find a light switch because currently it's pitch black. I walk forwards slowly, making sure I don't bump into anything. Then I feel a string in the air and I pull it.

The room then fills with light and all there is in the room is a wardrobe. It looks very old, very mysterious. Call me crazy but it looks magical.

I walk up to the wardrobe and open the door and there are coats..... Of course there are coats in a wardrobe. I'm crazy for thinking it could be anything else, let alone magic.

Then I hear the door to the basement being opened. I run and turn off the light and run back to the wardrobe. There's nowhere else to hide so I walk into the wardrobe and close it leaving a small crack open. I don't want to get stuck inside!

I start to move back further into the wardrobe, maybe if I get behind all the coats they could hide me until it was safe.

I take another step back and I hear a crunch. I look down and it's a leaf. 'Probably fell off one of the coats' I think to myself.

I take another step back and I hit my hand off something. I turn around and I'm in a forest! "Impossible" I whisper to myself.

Being me I had to look around. "It's just a forest" some may say, but it's a forest inside a wardrobe!

For a while all I've seen where trees and a few animals. I would've gone back to the wardrobe and waited until the person left but I don't know my way back.

I see and orange cat just roaming around so I decide to follow it, I have nothing better to do.

I follow it around trees, over rocks, and across rivers. A few minutes pass and it looks back at me and speeds up. I speed up to to keep up with it. "WOULD YOU STOP FOLLOWING ME!?" It says.

I stop and stare at it for a bit. It just talked! A cat! Cat's don't talk! "Y- you just talked!" I say.

"I always talk. Ever since I was a kitten actually" it says looking at me.

"You're a cat" I say pointing at it.

"And that's a tree" it says motioning to a tree, "and that's a centaur" it says motioning behind me.

I turn around slowly and a horse, no a woman...

"Hello your majesty" the horse woman smiles and bows in front of me.

"I must be dead. T- this is crazy" I say beginning to pace back and forth.

"You're very much alive your majesty" the cat says and walks to my side.

"Cats don't talk! And you can either be a horse or a woman! Not both." I point out.

"The proper term is a centaur" a voice says, I turn around and it's a man!

Thank you! A normal human! Maybe he knows how to get back. Then I see horns on his head! Then I notice his legs! "You're half donkey?" I ask, thing just keep getting weirder and weirder.

"Actually your majesty" he pauses, "I'm half goat" he smiles.

"Of course, my mistake" I say giving a fake smile and slightly laugh.

This has to be a dream, this can't be real....

Could it?

A/N- Okay so here's the first part. I hope you like it so far! Next part as soon as possible. Also sorry for any spelling errors of there are any (probably a lot lol).

~ Brianna🌸