Chapter 5 ♛ The Night Before Battle

(Lol just pretend that^ sunset is in a grass field. I couldn't find a picture so yeah)

Edmunds Pov
She hugged me! But it probably meant nothing to her. When we arrive back at camp, a centaur immediately takes Adriana to get her wound looked after. I put my horse in the stables and walk to Peter, Susan, and Lucy.

"What are you smiling about?" Susan asks walking up to me and I quickly take the smile off my face.

"What, I'm not smiling" I say and walk towards the tent.

"I think somebody," Peter says poking me, "has a crush on Adriana" he smiles.

"Shutup Peter" I roll my eyes, "I KNEW IT!! EDMUND HAS A GIR-" but before she could finish I cut her off by covering her mouth with my hand.

"She's not my girlfriend" I clarify and take my hand off her mouth, "but you want her to be" Lucy smiles.

I roll my eyes again and walk to my tent.

Adriana's Pov
Athena wrapped my cut with a bandana and she said it should be fine as long as nothing gets inside. I walk to my tent but the youngest Queen walks up to me, "are you Adriana?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, you must be Lucy" I smile. Her face went from happy to surprised, it was actually quite funny how fast her emotion changed.

"How do you know my name?" She asks in amazement and I laugh slightly "your brother has spoken about you" I wink.

She giggles and runs to my side. "You're very pretty" she says, "thank you but, I don't compare to you" I smile bowing down at her.

She giggles again and I bring her to my tent. "So" I smile and sit on my bed and she sits beside me, "I hear you're the one who found Narnia."

"Yeah. The others didn't believe me at first" she says. Then she looks at me.

"You don't look like everyone else here. You look more like us" she says.

"Yes, that's because I'm not from here. I came through a magical wardrobe believe it or not" I smirk a bit knowing that's how her and her siblings got here too.

"That's how we got here too!" She smiles, "your majesty- oh, your majesties" Athena bows.

"Dinner is about to be served" she says and walks out.

Lucy and I get up and walk to the tables.

When we get there everyone is already there and sitting down. I look around and there's every type of food you could imagine! I was starving, "FOOD!" I say then quickly cover my mouth then everyone looked at me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask leaning down and whispering to Lucy and she nods and giggles.

I mentally face palm myself. I can really make a fool of myself sometimes. We both walk over and there were only two spots left, one beside Edmund and one beside Susan. But the one beside Susan was quickly taken by Lucy.

I walk over and sit beside Edmund, "hello" I smile as I get my plate, "hey" he says sounding quite happy.

As I get my food I can see Edmund watching me. I basically get one of everything I'm starving. "Are you hungry or something?" Edmund laughs looking at my plate, I roll my eyes at him and sit down and begin eating.

I take a bite and it's amazing! All throughout dinner Edmund kept stealing my chicken off my plate. He didn't even bother trying to be sneaky, he just took it even if I was looking. "Why don't you get your own?" I laugh.