Chapter 34 ♛ Dark Island

Adriana's Pov
We sail though dark green mist and there's no sound but the flapping of Eustace's wings.

We all stand on deck, ready for something to happen. Green mist starts surrounding us causing us to get distracted. "We can't see a thing" I hear Drinian say, "this fog is too thick."

I grab my sword to be ready and the green mist starts circling more people. "Go away, you're dead" I hear Edmund say behind me but I ignore him, "No!" He shouts and I turn around and see Lucy walk up to him.

"Edmund are you alright?" She asks him, "yeah" he answers.

Then I hear a faint cry and we all look around to see what it's coming from and it keeps getting louder and louder, "keep away" the voice cries over and over but I can't see anything, "who's there?" Edmund calls out, "we do not fear you" Caspian shouts.

"Who are you?" The voice calls back and I see Edmund run over and get his flashlight.

He turns it on moving it around and then I see a man on the rocks, "there!" I point and everyone looks, "keep away" the man keeps crying, "we will not leave" Caspian says.

"You will not defeat me!" The man shouts holding up a sword, "Caspian his sword!" Edmund points out.

"Lord Rupee" Caspian says and comes down the stairs, "you do not own me!" The man shouts.

"Stand down, let's get him on board" Caspian says and everyone lowers their weapons.

Then Eustace comes and picks him up and brings him to the boat. The man stands up swinging his sword around causing everyone to back away. "Off me demons" he says continuing to swing his sword, "no my lord" I say, "we're not here to hurt you."

"I am your King" Caspian says walking in, "Caspian."

The man slowly turns around and looks at him, "my lord, you should not have come, there's no way out of here" he warns, "quickly, turn this ship about before it's too late."

"We have the sword lets go" Edmund says, "let's turn her about Drinian" Caspian commands.

"Do not think!" The Lord says, "do not let it know your fears or it will become them?"

"Oh no" I hear Edmund say behind me and I turn around, "Edmund what did you just think of?" I ask worried what the answer will be.

"Oh I'm sorry" he says and runs to the edge of the boat and I follow and stop beside him. He's looking in the water so that's what I do.

What could he have thought of?

Then I see something slowly moving in the water and I have to squint to see it better. Then the ship tips to one side sending everyone falling to the ground and sliding to the other end. Surprisingly Edmund helps me up and I rush back to the edge of the ship to see what it was. "Look!" Caspian points and I look where he pointed, "what is that?" I ask.

"It's too late!" The Lord shouts, "it's gone under the boat" someone says. I turn around and see Gale on the other side of the boat!

"Gale!" I shout and suddenly something comes out of the water letting out a horrible sound.

I look up and see a sea serpent! Of course it has to be a sea serpent! Couldn't he be afraid of a spider or something?

Then Eustace flies in with Reepicheep on this head. The sea serpent comes closer and closer but the. Eustace shoots fire at it and it then brings Eustace under the water and smashes him against a rock. "I'll kill it!" The Lord shouts and throws the sword at Eustace! "The sword!" I shout and it hits Eustace and he flies away.