Chapter 26

Chapter 26

JUNE

On Valentine's Day, I had woken up at about 3 p.m. and was not in the mood to get ready.

I laid in bed while staring at my dress that hung neatly on my closet door. To dress or not to dress...

Begrudgingly, I flopped out of bed and trudged my way over to the bathroom; washing my face and taking a shower. The dance starts at 6:30, so Jax was planning on taking me somewhere to eat before.

When it was about 4:30, I slipped into my dress and started on my makeup. I put on a light coat of some primer, foundation, concealer, and bronzer. Then quickly applied my mascara and eyeshadow.

By 5 o'clock, I was ready to go and had my small clutch in my hand. My hair was simply curled and pinned back. I put on my heels and made my way downstairs.

Ding dong.

Smiling, I opened the door to see Jax standing magnificently in his tux. In one hand he held flowers, and in the other, a red box and a gift bag.

"Jax..." I whispered, taking him in. He looked amazing, handsome, hot.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he smiled, stepping in and kissing me on the cheek. "I brought you a gift."

Closing the door behind him, we walked into the kitchen as he set the gifts down. I brought the flowers forward and sniffed them; instantly happy. "Are these chrysanthemums?"

Jax's eyebrows rose as he slowly shrugged. "Uh, I don't even know, really. I just thought that they were pretty."

Laughing, I set them down and held up my hand. "Wait here, I have your present."

Running as quickly as I could in my 3 inch heels that still seemed to not make me any taller than Jax, I dashed into the study room and grabbed the neatly wrapped box.

"Here you go," I said, handing it to him. As Jax shook it to try an guess what it was, I rolled my eyes and shoved his arm playfully. "Just open it."

Chuckling to himself, he carefully and slowly unwrapped the present. When he lifted the top lid of the box off, the corners of his mouth tipped up.

"You got me a new jacket?" he asked, holding it up with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, since your other one had some wear and tear on it. I kept it the same orange an black color to it, since it matched your racing car." And damn, had it taken a while to get one custom made that looked just like his original one.

"June," he said, putting the jacket down and wrapping me up in a big hug. "I love it. Thank you."

Blushing, I nodded and proceeded to open my gift. Inside the bag, it was filled to the brim with art brushes and water colors and paints of all kinds. Acrylic, oil, and even some pastels.

Looking up, I saw Jax looking at me with a grin. Pulling him forward, I kissed his lips hard with much passion. He was so wonderful.

"Thank you so much," I whispered against his lips, pecking them once more.

"You're welcome," he said. Stepping back, he grabbed the chocolates and handed them to me. On top was a card.

Tearing the seal, I took out the card and read the front.

Did you know that you'd need ONE HOUR of RIGOROUS SEX to burn off 5 pieces of Valentine's Day chocolates?