Chapter 8

Chapter 8

    I was going to kill Jax.

    My morning had been fairly peaceful until mischievous little Jax had to swoop in and make me furious.

    When I had walked into school, there was a slight pep in my step and a small smile on my face; which was unusual since I was usually giving off a bitchy vibe.

    But for some unknown reason, I felt like today would be a good day...until I opened my locker.

    All at once, hundreds of rubber bouncy balls in different colors spilled out of my locker in the middle of the hallway. Jax's name was practically written all over the stupid prank.

    When they stopped bouncing around, which took forever, I stared at my locker with my mouth open in shock. Oh Jax, you have no idea what's coming your way now.

    Everyone in the hall stopped to stare at me and the bouncing balls everywhere. Some kids whooped and started to gather them up and chunk them at each other.

    Being careful not to slip and fall on them, I stalked my way out of the mess with a determined face. Jax was going to pay.

    Finally, at the end of the hall, I saw Jax standing with a few girls surrounding him; all giggling their heads off. Rolling my eyes, I walked towards him and pushed the girls out of the way.

    When he saw me, his smile flumped into frown, and he muttered, "Oh shit," then broke out into a run.

    "Yeah, 'oh shit' is right!" I yelled back at him, running after his retreating form.

    People in the hallways all sidestepped to avoid colliding with us, and I started to gain on Jax. He turned a sharp corner, and I thought I had lost him, but saw his red shirt out of the corner of my eye.

    He pushed out the double doors to the courtyard, and I rushed after him. There wasn't out here, and Jax disappeared behind a large tree.

    "Oh no you don't, Jax!" I shouted, catching up with him.

    He was trapped. There was a wall at one end of a narrow passageway and it was surrounded by flowers.

    He finally noticed that there was nowhere to go, and he started to back up against the wall. I stomped up to him and started to hit his hard chest.

    "What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded, pushing against the brick. But before I knew it, he had gripped my wrists and flipped us around so that I was now the one pinned to the brick wall with my wrists up above my head.

    Both of us breathing heavily, I desperately tried to wriggle out of his grasp. "Let me go!"

    He smirked, showing no mercy. "Uh uh... people who disrespect me get punished."

    Slumping, I glared. "You're the one who put the rubber balls in my locker! That was humiliating! Why did you do that?"

    He laughed heavily, making me glare harder. "It was just a little joke. I thought that you would find it funny."

    I harrumphed. "Well, I don't...you poop hole."

    He cocked an eyebrow. "Did you just call me a poop hole?"

    I blushed. "Maybe I did. What're you going to do about it?"

    He stiffened, awakening the strong tension between us. "You really want to know?" he whispered saucily.