Chapter 27

Chapter 27

JUNE

I was currently looking at one of the most dangerous, catastrophic, shocking, and horrifying things I had ever seen. It made me cringe, it made made me nervous, and it scared me. It made me fear for not only the safety of myself, but also for others.

I was looking at Jax's room.

Clothes upon clothes were piled up along the walls and socks were scattered along the floor in haste. Empty cups were lying everywhere, and by everywhere, I mean literally everywhere. They were under his bed, his clothes, on his desk... there were even some cups lying around in his shower and shoes.

It was never like this in his room. He always managed to keep it tidy and fairly clean; not a junk pile like it is now. But Jax had been sick for the past two weeks, and he hadn't gotten out of his bed once; maybe some when he had to use the bathroom or get more tissues.

"Yikes, Jax," I said when I walked in, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Your room looks like shit."

He gave a snort of laughter before coughing again. "It needs to stop copying me."

Chuckling, I scooted closer, only to have him scoot farther away and hold the covers up to his face. "Uh uh. I am not letting you get sick, too."

"I'll be fine," I said, and when Jax didn't look the least bit convinced, I rolled my eyes and reached towards him.

"Come on, you need to shower."

He groaned and tried to roll away from me, but I was faster and caught his hands. "Let's go big boy. You smell even worse than you look."

"Thanks for the confidence boost, babe," he replied sarcastically. "Really helps a lot."

I laughed and pulled him up so he was sitting upright. Then, with all the strength I had, I pulled his big heavy body out of bed and led him to his bathroom.

"But I don't want to..." Jax complained, but I kept on moving and opened up the glass door to the shower.

"Go on, strip," I said while I turned on the water to get it warm.

But Jax only stood limp by the counter, looking at me with a smirk.

"I can't," he shrugged. "Too weak to move my arms."

Sighing, I walked back over to him and caught the hem of his shirt with my hands. Still keeping eye contact, I lifted up his shirt and pulled each of his 'weak' arms through it. When it was off, I dropped it to the floor.

Jax was still smiling.

"Let me guess, you can't take your pants off either?"

He shook his head.

Rolling my eyes, I quickly untied his shorts as they, too, joined his shirt on the floor.

And so did his boxers.

"Happy?" I asked, my eyes never leaving his.

Still smirking like the horny teenage boy he is, he nodded slowly.

"Good, now get in the shower."

Chuckling a bit, Jax walked over to the shower and got in... while I stayed and enjoyed the view.

"I'm still a little weak in my arms and legs. You'll probably need to come in here and help me," he said.

Oh that little bastard.