Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Two weeks later, my dad was released from the hospital and was brought back home. My grandparents had flown in a couple days ago but had to leave yesterday. Soon enough, my cousin from Pennsylvania would be here with her boyfriend to visit, also, and so was my aunt. But for now, it was just Dad and me.

And since he was still asleep from all his meds, I pulled out my phone and typed a quick message to Jax.

June: Want to go somewhere when my cousin and her boyfriend get here? She's about our age so we can do something fun like go to the fair or something.

Jax: Deal. I'll come over at 5. Sounds like a double date. ;)

I smiled to myself. A double date. Technically, the only dates Jax and I went on were either to the tree house for a picnic or to Piazza's. And frankly, that was just fine with me. But now? I had no idea how I would introduce him to my family once they meet him. We certainly weren't "just friends," but I had no idea if we were dating either. I couldn't believe that it had been weeks without us even discussing anything about it.

Chillax, June. It'll all work out eventually. Just go with the flow for now.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I proceeded to take a shower, put on some makeup, and realized that an hour had passed already.

Knock, knock, knock.

Jax was right on time.

Climbing down the stairs, I opened the door for Jax as he stepped in. "Bonjour, my lady."

Giggling like it was the funniest thing in the world, I strung my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. While his mouth moved against mine, I mentally thanks the Gods above for making Jax such a great kisser.

Leaning back to enjoy his handsome face, I sighed contently. "Bonjour."

Knock, knock, knock.

"Ooh, that must be them!" I said and rushed to open the door. When it swung open, I grinned widely at the person in front of me.

"Ruby!"

Squealing like a schoolgirl, we both flung our bodies at each other, desperate for hugs.

I hadn't seen Ruby since her parents' divorce. But since she lives with her mom now (my dad's older sister), she gets to stay for a few days.

"It's so good to see you!" Ruby exclaimed and hugged me tighter. When she stepped back, I saw my Aunt Brenda standing there with a huge smile and a large bag. "Oh, my sweet, sweet, niece. Come here..."

I hugged Aunt Brenda tightly before letting go and smiling up at her. And when I peeked behind her, I finally saw Ruby's boyfriend that she had been dying for me to meet.

"Hi, you must be Ryder. I'm June," I said, and held out my hand to shake his.

"Nice to meet you, June. Ruby's told me a lot about you." He grinned, and I looked at Ruby with a smile. "All good things, right?"

I ushered them all in, and when I closed the door, I turned to stand by Jax and gestured a hand towards him. "Guys, this is Jax. My..." I trailed off as I panicked on what to say next.

"Boyfriend." He answered for me, and looked down at me with a sexy as hell smile. "I'm her boyfriend," he whispered, as if confirming it.

"June! You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend," Ruby said and Aunt Brenda leaned in happily.