Elijah (& Klaus)- Conflicted PART 1

Start from the beginning

"She was looking at him-"

"Niklaus if that is all you bare-witness to, I suggest-" Rebekah spoke standoffishly, cutting his words off- only to be cut off herself.

"She was looking at him. . ." Klaus repeated through gritted teeth as he stood from his seat in frustration, "the same way she used to look at me."

>>

You were wandering the streets of New Orleans with Elijah. It was dark out and the luminescent street lights glimmered in the damp cobblestone pathways. He was telling you about how the city used to be- when it was in it's prime. His lips curled into a fond smile as he spoke of such happy memories, and you couldn't fathom a more beautiful scene before your eyes.

"Everyone was just- happy." He smiled as you wandered through the still buzzing streets. "The music, the food, the love; it was magnificent." He added, "I wish you could've seen it."

There was absolutely no denying the connection you and Elijah shared. It felt real- it felt right. It was completely unspoken but you knew the feelings were mutual. Elijah loved you- he had since you first met, but then Klaus came along and, well, the rest was history.

You continued wandering passed the bright balconies until you made your way to a quiet park. You desperately wanted to hold his hand. You wanted to hold him, and be held. But Elijah was too nobel a man, let alone a brother to act upon his feelings for you- to hurt Niklaus in such a way. But the longer he looked at you, the more he heard you laugh and the closer you became- the weaker his willpower began to wear.

He stopped short by a park bench, offering you a seat. You smiled and sat down before he followed suit, removing his jacket to place over your shoulders before sitting next to you. You mumbled a shy thanks before looking up at the stars as he did the same.

"Hey Elijah?" You questioned, moving your gaze back down to him. "What do you think about the idea of love?" The question took him a little off guard, but it wasn't like the topic hadn't been on his mind as of late. He smiled a little, closing his eyes before turning to look at you.

"I think- love is an extremely rare thing to find. And if found, you need to hang onto it for dear life." His words brought a smile to your lips. Your eyes locked once more, and in that instant, looking at you- the girl he undoubtedly loved, Elijah's willpower had all but faded away. His hand gently grasped the back of your neck as you moved closer toward each other and his eyes darted down to your lips. You leaned forward, tilting your head and capturing one another in a breathtaking kiss as his arm wrapped around the small of your back, bringing you in closer.

 You leaned forward, tilting your head and capturing one another in a breathtaking kiss as his arm wrapped around the small of your back, bringing you in closer

And there, in that moment, you felt like everything had fallen into place.

>>

"Thats- she wouldn't do that to you Niklaus." Rebekah tried reassuring her brother. "Not without valid reasoning at least, it's not like her." Klaus shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest as he began to angrily pace. A passive aggressive scoff passed his lips,

"I'm a fool for not seeing it coming. Since the very moment she woke up in transition, it was him- it was always him." He grimaced, anger fueling his stance. Rebekah stood in thought, then it clicked.

"Niklaus," She began eerily, "Who's blood was in Y/N's system when she died?" He thought it over for a second, his eyes widening and his body tensing.

"Elijah's." He breathed, completely understanding what Rebekah was insinuating.

"Oh my god," She spoke airily, in complete shock. "She's sired to him."

This is part 1 to a request sent by @bananabutt69
Thank you so much for your patience, I'm incredibly sorry for the wait- that goes to everybody who had sent in a request. I will get part 2 done as soon as I possibly can.x But for now, enjoy these gifs of Paul Wesley fangirling over Elijah.
>>>