Chapter 2

Rily

My heart was beating out of my chest. A moment ago, I figured I would sleep on the couch, not a big deal. I would have been happy enough to have Ally waking up in my house.

Instead, though, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me practically on top of her body. I braced myself, trying not to land my full weight on her. I gently climbed over her, ending up on her right side as she was laying on her back now. Soft little snores were coming from her side of the bed. I smiled to myself as I settled down.

I was still in my jeans, but there was no way I would be able to get them off without disrupting Ally. So I snapped off my buckle and settled onto my back.

I stared at the ceiling. What was I doing? I couldn't believe what was happening right now. I almost felt like this was some kind of dream and I would be waking up anytime now.

It's been so long since I've been with a woman. I wasn't used to company. I'm 26 years old and I haven't slept with someone since I was probably 19. It's been a while. I just haven't had time and not to mention the resources to start dating.

I glanced over at the sleeping Ally beside me, her face turned to the side, looking toward me. She was close enough that I could smell her light perfume and just a hint of bonfire smoke.

My heart skipped a beat as I looked at her face. She looked so relaxed in her sleep. I hadn't noticed it at the bonfire but she had this sad look that crept into her expression as she was sitting at my kitchen bar.

I wanted to know everything about her. What made her smile, what made her sad, what made her laugh, and anything else I could get to know. I looked back upward at the ceiling and closed my eyes.

I felt a sense of dread at the idea of never seeing her again. Not only did Ally live a town over, and although it wasn't that far, there was almost no chance that she was into women. Women around here who are gay are so rare, the idea that the beautiful Ally would be, just doesn't settle in my mind as something possible.

There was some shifting next to my left so I kept my eyes closed and then I felt hands on my stomach. Next was the feeling of Ally's head settling onto my chest. This is where I stopped breathing. I feel like I should have passed out by now with all this stealing my breath-away stuff around this woman.

Ally curled up next to my body, creating a warmth that lit my body on fire wherever I felt her touch. Oh god, she was wrapped around me and she had no idea. She probably was dreaming about some man in her town or something.

I tried to take a calming breath and relax. I would just deal with this in the morning. I could do this. I could just come up with some excuse as to why we're laying like this if we hadn't moved by morning. I nodded to myself, that's what I was gonna do. Once I decided that I lay there in the dark until I was fast asleep. Smiling to myself as Ally shifted closer.

The next morning, I was groggy and a little confused. There was a numbing feeling in my arm, but I wasn't sure why. I slowly opened my eyes to see a face and damn it was a very beautiful face near my own face. Ally.

I thought last night was a drunken dream. Not this reality. Oh god, she was gorgeous. I was stunned into this motionless state. I laid there for a moment, just watching her even breaths as she was curled up half on my chest. We must have shifted closer in our sleep.

She was on her side, her head laying on my left arm. I was laying on my side, facing her with my right arm wrapped around her body.

"Stop staring at me. I can feel your eyes burning into my forehead," Ally's sleep-filled voice made my toes curl. I wanted to wake up to that voice every day for the rest of my life.