Chapter 3

Quick Note: I just started writing this story again recently. I have a few chapters done but I'm going to space them out a little to give me time to keep writing ahead of what's on here. Please enjoy! Thx.

~~~~~~~~ 

Ally

After Rily left, I walked into my house and proceeded to sleep almost the whole day. I couldn't stop picturing the hurt and sadness on her face when I told her I thought she was someone else after kissing her so intensely. I dreamed of her kiss and touch.

Later that evening, I finally dragged myself out of bed, my grumbling stomach making its presence known. I stumbled into the kitchen and almost screamed at the sight of my sister in the kitchen, sitting quietly at my dining room table reading a book.

"Holy shit, Kate, you scared the hell outta me. What are you doing here?" I had a hand on my chest, feeling my racing heart as I tried to calm my breath.

Kate chuckled, "Well after you didn't answer my 10th phone call, I decided to drive over. Where I find you knocked out cold in bed in the middle of the afternoon. Better question yet, sister, are you okay?"

My head was pounding now. I ignored her question for a moment, reaching into a cabinet for some medicine. I grabbed a cold water bottle from the fridge and swallowed down the little pills before finally looking back at my sister, who was still watching me with curious eyes.

I pulled out a chair across from her, sitting down gently, "I'm fine. Just not feeling too great today." It was a half-lie.

She closed her book, "I can see that. You have too much to drink last night? Heard the bonfire was wild." Kate was my older sister by 4 years but we looked so much alike we were often confused for twins. Our only difference was that her hair was a light brown compared to my blonde. We actually just celebrated her 30th birthday two weeks ago. She had always been mature, never really was the partying type, preferred books over drinking unlike the other people around here. But I always liked that about her, it made her easy to talk to.

I didn't know how to answer her though. I didn't want to outright lie about last night but I didn't want her to think I was weird because of it. I shrugged, "I guess. I did have a few beers. Crashed at a friend's house and came home this morning."

"Oh, I called Jen. She said you left with some guy at the end of the night." Kate winked at me, not judging me.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of Jen. "It wasn't a guy," I snapped but inwardly cringed because I knew more questions would come. "Anyways, I left cause she was being...rude all evening."

"Yikes, never thought I'd hear that coming from you about her." Kate ran a hand through her medium-length hair, "But not gonna lie, always thought she turned into a bitch."

I gasped, laughing at my sister's statement, "Kate! Since when?"

"Let's see...probably once you two hit middle school? I watch this sweet little girl turn into this...rude girl with an attitude. You stayed sweet, so that's all that mattered to me but something about her," Kate shook her head, "got nasty. I'm honestly surprised you're still friends with her."

Middle school was about the time that little Jen started to grow boobs and boys started paying her attention. I definitely know what Kate is talking about. Jen changed at the attention she received and even though she was still my best friend, the sweet girl I knew was only shown to me when it was just the two of us. Around others, she just became this little...well, a bitch.

Kate leaned over the table, "You know, one time I heard her in town talking to someone about this guy that was visiting. She was saying something about how everyone thought he was so cute but then they all found out he was gay and she started calling him all sorts of nasty names. I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth because the man wasn't into women."