Chapter 13

Rily

When I woke up the next morning, there was a weight on my chest, and a small mass of honey-colored hair tickling my nose. I chuckled softly, trying not to wake the woman who was currently wrapped around me. I had an arm curled around her shoulders, my hand flat against her back holding her close. My other hand rested on her arm that was draped around my stomach. The whole position was cozy and intimate and with love sprinkled in there somewhere. I knew I was in love with Ally by now. As much as I might have been scared of it, I knew that I had pretty much fallen for this wonderful woman at that bonfire that first day we met. I held onto her a little tighter, feeling her snuggle into my side and I sighed in contentment. I wanted her, forever if she'd let me but this was going to take time.

"What are you thinkin' about?" A sleepy voice mumbled against my shoulder.

I rubbed her back, "Oh, nothin' much. Mostly about you." I admitted.

A hand moved up to brush back wild hair, revealing a soft smiling Ally underneath it all, looking up at me with those beautiful eyes. "What about me?" She asked with that sleepy smile and I melted on the inside.

"You are so cute in the morning, honey." I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

A soft hand rubbed up and down my arm, "And you are too sweet. I feel bad when you wake up to my hair on your face." A soft pink blush dusted her cheeks and I laughed.

"It's nothin', Ally girl. Really. I'm just glad to wake up and have you here, with me," I told her, affection swelling in my chest when she laughed and kissed my chin. "I love being around you, honey, I hope you know that."

She pushed herself up, just high enough to hover over my face, making me look up at her. "You better be careful there, Rily...you could make a girl fall in love with words like that," Ally whispered after a quiet moment, a finger brushing over my forehead to move a stray hair away, her eyes not quite meeting mine. I didn't want to read too much into her words but my insides were shaking with how much they had affected me. I wouldn't scare her with my feelings just yet.

Instead, I said, "Well, that wouldn't be so bad, right? What's wrong with a little love?" I smiled.

She stared into my eyes, a look on her face I couldn't decipher but it didn't worry me, no, instead it made my heartbeat increase and my palms sweat. It made me nervous and excited. I didn't know how to name it but then the moment was over and Ally smiled down at me softly. She had just leaned down to kiss me when a noise at the front of the house made us jump.

"What was that?" I asked, unsure if Ally was expecting someone this early today.

"I don't-" She was cut off by the bedroom door swinging open, a small woman who looked like an older version of my girlfriend, standing in the doorway looking shocked. "Mom!" Oh shit. It actually was her mother.

"Get dressed. We'll speak in the livin' room." She spared me a glance just before she left, her face masked in confusion and a touch of anger. Then the door slammed closed and we were alone for the moment.

Ally scrambled out of bed, quickly found my clothes, and tossed them at me gently before moving to grab her clothes. "What the fuck just happened?" She said suddenly, still pulling up her jeans, while a shirt hung around her neck. If it wasn't for the fact that this was her mother we were talking about, this would be very amusing to watch. Sadly, I was just as worried about the situation.

"What is your mother doing here?" I asked, pulling on my clothing.

"I don't know! The only thing I can think of is that she called Tyler when I didn't call her last night about the date and he told her what happened." Ally groaned, "Ugh, that probably did happen. Shit."