Chapter 14

Rily

I smiled down at the mess of blonde hair in my lap. Ally laid her head down on my thigh about halfway into the trip and was soon fast asleep. I gently run my fingers through her soft hair, massaging her head as she dozed. Touching her was soothing to me and I felt calm inside with her by my side like now.

I brushed aside some hair to expose her face, "Ally girl, it's time to wake up. We're here, honey." I spoke into her ear softly, rubbing her arm up and down to help wake her. She groaned and mumbled something but didn't budge. I laughed, "Don't you want to go inside and sleep on a nice soft bed? It's brand new..." She rolled over and looked up at me with sleepy eyes.

"What did you say about a new bed?" Ally mumbled.

I quickly tapped the tip of her nose, "You heard me. Brand new bed, soft, and waiting for you to wake up and go inside."

She grinned and sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes before pushing her door open. I laughed at her rushing behavior but followed along. The moment we were in the house, Ally looked as if all her tiredness was gone. She looked around the barren house with wide eyes and an open expression. I waited behind her, wondering what the place looked like from someone else's eyes. It was a decent size house, though a little bit smaller than the one back home.

Ally turned around and faced me, "Rily! This place looks amazing! Wow." She glanced back around, "It has so much potential."

I chuckled, "You're just saying that because it's almost 3 in the morning."

"No, I'm not. This wide-open layout mixed with these high ceilings in this mix of rustic and modern is beautiful. I feel like it's been updated recently."

"Um, it has. The previous owner did some work but I added some of the more modern touches the last time I was here. I haven't had the time to do as much as I wanted but I will one day."

"If this is all that's been done so far, I can't imagine what you'll have the place looking like when you're finished." She sounded in awe. I glanced around at the house with a fresh outlook and felt some pride swell in my chest at the place. Ally was right. It did have potential.

I grinned, "Well, I hope you're not plannin' on goin' anywhere anytime soon. I would love your opinion on things. Seein' as how you're my girlfriend and all."

Ally walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, "I'm not going anywhere, cowgirl. You're stuck with me."

I winked at her and leaned in, brushing my nose against hers. "You better mean that, Ally Young. Cause I'm hooked on you," I whispered against her lips before kissing her deeply, not waiting for a response.

She pulled away with a gasp, her hands gripping the shoulders of my shirt. "Holy shit, Rily. You sure can kiss."

I laughed and took this moment to lock the door behind me. I scooped her up into my arms and marched to the bedroom. With a short toss, Ally landed on the soft foam mattress with a muted thud. She laughed loudly and threw her shoe at me, which I dodged of course.

"You are goofier than usual. What happened?" She asked, still giggling. I knew the question was a joke but there was also some truth to it.

I slipped my t-shirt over my head, balled it up, and tossed it at her. Instead of answering her, I flexed my biceps and listened to her adorable giggle. I couldn't say love yet. It wasn't the time. I wanted it to be special when I said it. So I made her laugh instead. I posed in all sorts of ways and let her enjoyment fill my soul. We had an interesting journey ahead of us between this being so new and the lack of support from her parents. So this moment in time was just for laughs.