Chapter 8

Hey all, hope everyone is enjoying the direction this is headed so far. I'm trying to stay a few chapters ahead while posting. So far so good! Anyways, thanks for reading. 

Rily

The evening had been wonderful so far and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Ally was stunning in her white sundress, which hung low on her chest and ended mid-thigh, showing off toned tan arms and slender legs. She even wore small matching white heels, completing the whole look. When I first opened the door to greet her, I almost swallowed my tongue at how beautiful she looked.

We had been at the art show for about an hour already and I didn't see us leaving any time soon. Ally was entranced by the art around us and I was content watching her. We spent a good 15 minutes at each piece so far, Ally wanting to get a detailed look at each one. She asked so many questions that I did my best to answer but mostly she just oohed and awed at everything. It was adorable.

"Okay, let's go look at the next one." I was pulled from my thoughts by her grabbing my hand to pull me to the next sculpture. She had been doing that, grabbing my hand a lot this evening and each time my skin heated from her touch. I didn't know if she was doing it on purpose or just out of excitement but I wasn't going to stop her.

The moment we stood in front of the large structure, I knew immediately this one was Zara's piece for the show. My friend specialized in the female form and she outdid herself on this one. This one wasn't made of random bits but of smooth almost completely polished metal, showing off the female figure from head to hips. It wasn't super detailed enough to be considered crude but it was a nude woman and it didn't leave much to the imagination.

"Oh my." Ally softly whispered.

"This one is Zara's. She's talented, isn't she?" I said, taking my own time looking at it.

"This one is hers? Wow. For someone who's straight, she has good taste in women."

A familiar laugh sounded behind us and we both turned to see the woman in question standing half a foot away. "Why thank you, Ally. I take that as a supreme compliment." Zara stepped closer and tossed an arm over each of our shoulders. "Rily has always said the same. Did she mention she modeled for me one time for a project I had in college?"

I blushed and looked away, praying you couldn't see my heated cheeks. Zara had begged me to help her when she couldn't find a model and I try not to think about it these days. It was out of my comfort zone and she even made me wear my Stetson hat while I did it. I couldn't look at my hat for a week after that without blushing.

Ally gasped, "She did not! She modeled for you? Do you have pictures?"

Zara snickered, "Of course I have pictures. Here, let me show you." She dropped her arm from my shoulders to reach for her phone but I stopped her progress.

"You will not show her. It's embarrassing!"

The artist huffed with her displeasure but left her phone in her pocket. "You're no fun, sour puss."

Ally poked her tongue out at me, "Yeah, I'm with her on this one. No fun."

A moment later, Zara asked, "So how long have you two been together?"

I choked on my drink, coughing and sputtering as the liquid went down wrong. Zara patted me on my back, chuckling softly and I gathered myself. I glanced at Ally, who oddly didn't look phased by my friend's blunt question. She just looked at me with concern as I tried to catch my breath.