(Edited) Chapter 16 Part II

(...continued)

I check my class schedule. Just my luck, I have chemistry. God, why are you torturing me? Chemistry is the worst subject ever. Even math is better than this. I mean, who the hell care if the oxides of metals are acidic or basic? I don't. And what's more, our chemistry lab is finished with the month-long renovation it was undergoing. We'll have practical classes from today.

We don't even have to attend all our classes today. No classes would be conducted during the second half of the day as the first match of the football tournament was today.

Sighing, I start walking towards the laboratory. On the way I come across Sharon, Sandra and Kayla who happen to have it too. We enter the lab one by one. I take one of the seats in the last row. I'd rather die than sit in the front during Chemistry. Sharon is about to take the seat beside mine when Aiden appears out of nowhere and slumps down on it.

Sharon gasps. "What the—!"

He chuckles. "You can go sit somewhere else, I came here first."

"Not fair Aiden! Get off this seat before I kick your ass. You know I Won't hesitate to do it," Sharon warns him.

He shakes his head in refusal. Sharon passes me a pointed look, silently asking me to tell him to leave. I resist the urge to groan. Why can't she leave? I mean I sit with her in most of the classes we share. She knows I have a crush on him. Can't she let me sit with him for once?

Sandra and Kayla who are sitting nearby are looking pointedly at me, waiting for me to do something. God, I'll have to ask him to leave, otherwise they'll get suspicious.

I turn to Aiden. "Can you please leave, Aiden? Sharon wants to sit here."

"She can sit somewhere else."

"Stop being difficult Aiden."

"I'm not leaving."

"Ai—"

"Good morning class!" Mrs. Nelson, our chemistry teacher, enters the lab. "I'm so thrilled; we can finally start with the practical classes!"

At least someone is excited.

Sharon, knowing it's too late to do anything, walks off to sit somewhere else, looking annoyed. I silently feel happy about it; another blissful hour right next to Aiden. It's so weird but even school gets less boring when you get to spend some time with your crush.

The teacher starts explaining us about the different lab equipments we will be using this year, and instructs us to wear our lab coats and eye protector. Aiden and I, it's no surprise, end up as partners.

He smiles triumphantly. "So I guess an A plus is guaranteed in chemistry," he says.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm partnered to a nerd. I'll get an A!"

I don't get offended when he calls me a nerd. I'm used to it by now. "Listen mister, you ain't getting no A unless you work, so you will have to pay attention in chemistry."

"Well that, I must admit, will be hard. How can I focus on anything when I have someone so hot sitting next to me,"

I can't help blushing. "Stop with the flirting pretty boy, and pay attention."

"Who said I was flirting with you? I was talking about the other girl, sitting on my other side," he says pointedly.

I burst out laughing. "Oh really? So you find Jake hot? I didn't know you played for that team," I burst out laughing.