Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

“You’re gonna get it now.” He said.

“Oh really?” I smiled crossing my arms. I saw Justin smirk and walked closer to me. I quickly grabbed the water sprayer thing that was hooked to the kitchen faucet and pointed it towards Justin. “Step any closer and you’ll be soaked.” I said holding the sprayer out like a gun.

“You’re really funny Sel.” He laughed. Oh he thought I was joking? He didn’t actually think I would spray him? I pulled the trigger down quickly, spraying Justin for a couple seconds then stopped. Justin wasn’t soaked, but he was really wet.

“Aw, babe, you’re cute when you’re wet.” I smiled.

“Duuuuuuude.” He said.

“I’m not your dude. I’m your girlfriend. Unless you turned gay on me Bieber.” I fakely gasped covering my mouth. Justin ran up on me, and I pulled the sprayer’s trigger back again getting Justin even more wet, until Justin grabbed me from behind trying to get my grip off the sprayer. “NO!” I yelled. To be honest this was really funny. Justin and I wrestling over the kitchen sprayer thingy.

The sprayer was getting us both wet in the process, and not to mention the whole entire kitchen.

“Selena just give it to me.” He yelled.

“NO!” I yelled again, trying to be serious but failing in the process because I was laughing so hard.

“WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!” I heard my mother yell.

Both Justin and I stopped what we were doing.

“We’re um—making brownies.” I smiled.

Justin’s POV

Well this is awkward. Selena’s parents caught in fighting over the kitchen sprayer, and not to mention the kitchen was a mess.

“IT DOESN’T TAKE ALL THIS TO MAKE BROWNIES SELENA!” Her mom yelled in frustration.

“I’m sorry mom, I’ll clean it up.” Selena said.

“No—we’ll clean it up.” I put in. Selena looked over to me and turned back to her mom nodding her head. Her parents walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. “Let’s get cleaning.” I smiled. I saw Selena give off a small smile grabbing a towel.

After about 10 minutes of cleaning, we were finished—and so were the brownies. The only thing that wasn’t cleaned was our faces. I grabbed the towel from the counter, wetting it, cleaning off my face. I then walked over to Selena and wiped off her cheek.

“Thanks.” She smiled. I smiled back at her, surprising her with a quick kiss. I saw Selena starting to blush. I was about to kiss her again when her mom walked back in.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for snapping at you both. I don’t know why I did that, I’m sorry.” Her mom apologized.

“It’s okay mom.” Selena smiled. They walked up to each other and hugged.

“Justin, you can join on this too.” Sarah, Selena’s mom smiled over at me. I smiled back walking back over to them, joining the hug.

After what seemed a forever hug we finally let go.

“So I see you two made brownies. It’s funny; I was actually craving some earlier.” Sarah smiled.

“I was too. Justin and I were watching ‘Friends’ and I got hungry, but I wanted something sweet.”  Selena smiled.