Crying 1 million tears

Ashtons pov.

After Brody spoke to me i couldn't help but confront him. I never wanted bad ties with my brother. Even if he did pick his girlfriend over me. I pushed Xavier back and went to chase after him.

"Brody, just please stop a minute". He just ignored me. I think he liked hearing my pleading and begging. I quickly grabbed a hold of his hand, but he snatched it away.

"Brody, just please stop". He stopped and turned around. I knew that he was taking Aunties death hardly. Bloodshot eyes, with massive bags underneath. It got me wondering with how my Uncles doing.

"And why should i ?". He asked, his voice held anger. I've never heard him angrier.

"Because i'm your sister". I said as if it was obvious. Although i don't think stating that would make a difference. He hates me.

"Your no sister of mines, not anymore". My heart ached from the feeling of rejection. It's like he didn't even care about the fact that i'm his sister. That we practically share the same blood. Before i could respond to his hurtful words, he was stomping off. I didn't follow.

Why would he want to talk to the person who caused his aunties death. She was a motherly figure to the both of us. Thanks to me she's gone. I was being selfish all this time. Thinking of myself. I never stopped to think about how another loved one is going away from Brody's life too.

I walked slowly to English class. As i walked in Miss. Ranj turned to look at me. "Late again i see, detention". She hissed as she passed me the detention slip. I sighed and took my seat next to Xavier. He looked rather bored. Then again who wouldn't be, its English. As Miss. Ranj continued to blubber on, i was in deep thought. I zoned out as soon as i reached my seat.

"Ashton pay attention, i want you to continue reading". I jumped up to find everyone looking at me.

"What". I said. It's not my fault i find it extremely difficult to concentrate. Miss. Ranj sighed with annoyance.

"I said continue reading". I looked down to the book for the first time. We where studying poetry for one of are upcoming exams. I felt like i was going to fail every single class. Probably because most of my time is preoccupied with thinking. I cleared my throat as i began to read with the quietest voice i could muster. The whole class was sneering and laughing. I personally did not see what they found so funny about my reading.

"Ashton speak up, we can't hear you". Instead of speaking up, i spoke in the same tone. I couldn't help how nervous i was. It's not exactly easy to read to a bunch of people who laugh at every word you speak. I think after a while Miss. Ranj got tired of listening to my monotone voice as she stopped me from reading any further. I was relived when she stopped me, and felt like i could breath again.

"Now lets see, Jared you read please". I looked beside me to find Xavier picking up his book and beginning to read. How does she expect me to pay attention if he's reading. I think the other girls can back me up on this statement as they where giggling and sending him flirtatious smiles. His voice was just so nice. Deep. When he finished reading Miss. Ranj took a seat on her desk. I guess we where done reading. The bell went and everybody shot up from there desks.

I was walking slowly to the door when i stopped because Miss. Ranj called my name.

"Yes".

"Ashton is something bothering you, normally your a very focused student". Even if there was something bothering me, witch there is, what makes her think i would tell her.

"Nothings bothering me, i'm just tired". I said. I walked out the classroom and to my next lesson.

School ended eventually. I got pushed into lockers, mocked by the queen bitches, my locker was trashed with paper ball notes. Notes witch i didn't bother reading. At lunch i sat alone. Annie seemed to have found new friends. Tegan was with Alicia. Guess they became besties quickly. Sitting by myself gave me more time to think of how much of a failure i was. As for Xavier he spent the rest of the day ignoring me. Everything about him was just so confusing and mysterious.